Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rover today

I have seen damage to cars on the top rack of car carriers, located up front. the exhaust stacks, apart from being dirty and coating the top cars with baked on grime, spew out 900 degrees.
    My son't first Rover, a LWB Rangie, came up from Miami on the top of a car carrier, who was making a drop-off on a quaint, tree lined reidential road in NJ. Result was nice crease in the roof skin. The trucking compny never made good, and after I had called about 6 times, the owner started swearing at me, and I don't mean saturday afternoon on the golf coarse type swearing. I got my pound of flesh out of him, thanks to some very good Cuban friends.

Default Low Range

Follow up to Brett. Just finished charging up the battery and got the rover in the garage. In doing so I got the diff lock disengaged. Remember, I just took delivery Sat and have not had time to play. That being said, when I fired it up, it was loud, smelly, and PERFECT. I just love being a rover owner again, last one was a 62 88" series IIa petrol, and this coil sprung diesel beast just gives me the silliest smile! Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll be asking more as I get more time to dig in.

Well Geoff, welcome back into the fold. From the pix I saw elsewhere, you got a real nice looking truck. Glad to hear you got the diff-lock disengaged. My Ex-Mod 110 is loud and smelly too, and I totally dig it. They are a little more refined then the Series trucks, but they are not that much different. Any questions, just ask away.

Brett

PIX?

Default Dealer Pix

If you click the picture, you can also see the damaged top.
    Last edited by GeoffWillis; 10-09-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Default nice truck

hauled backwards maybe at todays highway speeds just under a hundred???

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Let me know about the engine conversion. Wonderful engine but are you worried about the EXTRA weight? I'd love to see pictures as it progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemanshort
    I think the 1983 standard factory set up is with the LT95 transmission.

There is a hi-lo transfer gear lever and a seperate centre-diff lock plunger that sits in the center of the seat box. It plunges forwards and backwards.

The centre-diff lock is air /vacuum activated - so there are chances for leaks and otehr stuck linkages.

The Defenders went to a different configuration with the LT77 and the R-330 transfer cases later on. On these gear boxes, the diff lock was engagued from the hi-lo lever.
    The Lt77 and Lt230 was standard issue on all engines except the v8's in 83. The LT95 was only ever mated to 3.5 V8 engines. The vaccum difflock was only used on the lt95's.