Thread: Help

Default Help

I am a new P38 owner (at least its new to me) , the previous owner gave me 2 keys/remotes 1 recently just stopped working I change the batery's but the ligh wont come on when depressed and the other isnt programmed to the vehicle. Does anyone know how to program a remote?

Also the check engine light is on I have had the codes read and did some research on them they are

P0116
    Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Falling Temp Fault

P0125
    Engine Coolant Temp Sensor Warm Up Fault

and

P0118
    Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor High Out of Range Fault

assumably there is an engine coolant issue, I dont know how to reset the light on this vehicle to confirm that there is an issue can I get a little direction from you fine people?!?!?

Thanks....

rqchildress@bellsouth.net

Replace the temp sensor and re-set the light. It is throwing both high and low faults because it doesn't work any longer!

Change the coolant too if it has been a few years...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

Default Keys

Unfortunately...........
    The keys have to be resynched at the dealer with Testbook or the newer Diag computer. They have you by the ball$ on this one. May be ask RN or Atlantic British if the Autologic system they sell will do it???? There are several Indie Rover shops now that have this system, but I am not familiar with it.
    Sorry for bad news....
    Jack of Bavaria

Hi.

J!m is right - you need a new coolant temp. sensor. Fortunately it's relatively cheap and straight forward to replace.

The keyfobs you got with the car shouldn't need re-coding, but if the batteries have gone flat then they will need resyncing (the RR security system uses random rolling codes and the fobs won't work unless the codes are in sync with the alarm). To sync a fob, make sure that it is working (red light flashing on button press) then, if the car is locked, press the unlock button then unlock the car with the key. If the car is unlocked, press the lock button then lock the car with the key. The alarm and fob should be synchronised now - simple as that. If the light in the keyfob isn't working then make sure that the batteries are a. fresh; b. clean (fingermarks can kill the contact); c. installed the right way round!. If it still doesn't work, then you'll need a new fob, which are about $200 in the UK. No getting around this, unfortunately, as they are coded from your VIN at the factory.

As a final thought, you may find that the light isn't flashing because the keypad rubber buttons have perished and aren't pushing on the microswitches in the fob properly. Replacement buttons are available for a couple of dollars (part no. YWC000300).

Good luck and happy Rovering!