Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guinness and the Rover Gods

BarryO: For more potent brews, I prefer some from our own Rogue Brewery. My favorite is Dead Guy Ale, buy I'm not much for porters.

TSR53: Haven't seen any McEwan's out here on the Best Coast. Mail me a bottle and I'll mail you a Dead Guy. Not as dark, but still flavorful.

Oh the marketing drama!

No true Scotsman would ever refer to that as Scotch Ale. Back home that would be asked for as 'a pint of special' and would never be consumed from a bottle as it might be used to glass someone afterwards. The alternate brew would be 'a pint of heavy'. Both go well with lunch prior to proceeding with the rest of the day.

My preference in a Scottish Ale is Belhaven or if you want something a bit differnent get a hold of some Fraoch Heather Ale. Ah memories of sitting in the sunshine outside the pub in Glen Coe after a hard day's hill climbing.

Cheers
    Gregor

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

I just called by the label. Yes true, it sould really be a "Wee Heavy".

As far as finding it out here in Vermont? I'd love to find it. I've had my brother ship it to me from Lake Tahoe where I used to live . Christmas gifts are one thing, but opening a brown box with some McEwans in it adds a whole 'nother dimension to the word *gift*. I'll try finding the other brands you listed. I would love to experience Scotland and all the fine things it offers. Someday I'll trace my down my Day and Fraser roots.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie
    Oh the marketing drama!

No true Scotsman would ever refer to that as Scotch Ale. Back home that would be asked for as 'a pint of special' and would never be consumed from a bottle as it might be used to glass someone afterwards. The alternate brew would be 'a pint of heavy'. Both go well with lunch prior to proceeding with the rest of the day.

My preference in a Scottish Ale is Belhaven or if you want something a bit differnent get a hold of some Fraoch Heather Ale. Ah memories of sitting in the sunshine outside the pub in Glen Coe after a hard day's hill climbing.

Cheers
    Gregor
    Last edited by TSR53; 03-29-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

BLASPHEMY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudley N. Grimey
    Fat Tire is easier to spell and tastes much better and doesn't have to be consumed warm.
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

That it's cold or tastes better, both of which apply. We in the West don't drink warm beer, because we don't have Lucas refrigerators.