Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1984 Defender 110 200tdi RHD

Default 1984 Defender 110 200tdi RHD

For Sale $30,000.00 FIRM. Tons of extras. Lanny Clark installed 200tdi A bazillion dollars of Rovers North parts and accessories. Have a TON of new parts (new style BMW era doors, center posts, fenders, etc). I'd be glad to discuss the specifics with serious buyers. PM me here with your contact info. I just added a couple of new pictures. I'm putting together a list of new parts/repairs/modifications/etc. Check back in a day or so. Interesting items on the vehicle include custom Exmoor Trim Canvas seat covers with leather trim. A Salisbury DISC brake rear axle. A new style roof with sunroof, custom decking on the roof rack, leather 4 spoke OEM Land Rover steering wheel, two sets of wheels and on and on. ALL the recovery gear is included in the purchase. Need to move this out to make room for a new purchase and want to sell fast!

Last edited by VTRover; 11-12-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Awesome rig ! I also have a Trident green 110 200tdi. Hope you get every penny of your asking price-pretty sure you are taking a beating @ that price. Any chance of getting you to post more pictures ?

Any chance you would sell the white doors?
    E-mail me at: nashvillerover@comcast.net if that is a positive.

Thanks
    Dendy Jarrett
    NashvilleRover

I'm sure the rig is super, but I noticed the Vermont plates and the 1984 date and did some simple math in my head. What's the story on a 24 year old truck getting into the US. I realize 2009 is just around the corner. Is this truck sitting in Canada just waiting for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe
    I'm sure the rig is super, but I noticed the Vermont plates and the 1984 date and did some simple math in my head. What's the story on a 24 year old truck getting into the US. I realize 2009 is just around the corner. Is this truck sitting in Canada just waiting for next year?
    it is manufacture date that matters not year of the truck so it could have been built in summer of 83 but sold as an 84 making it eligible for the 25 year rule.

If I had the cash a check would be on the way.

That's cool, because I've got a 1997 Defender that was manufactured in *cough cough* 1983 (must have just been sitting around in some corner of the Sollihul facility all that time, officer, I dunno...). Screw that pesky VIN number, we both know when it was actually made. They were ALL made in 1983! They have just been doing a controlled release ever since then.

Not sure I buy it, but of course as a married man, I am not only open to, but obligated to be proven wrong.

Well said!

They were ALL made in 1983! They have just been doing a controlled release ever since then.
    ahh that explains why they all still leak and have no heat

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager
    ahh that explains why they all still leak and have no heat
    Oh, now that's funny! You know, it's terribly interesting to me that we fanatically pursue a brand of trucks whose aftermarket is, in my estimation, dominated more by repair parts than accessories, and whose discussion forums focus more on fixing rather than driving.

Cars that don't break and get decent mileage...where's the fun in that? What would I do with that extra time and money anyway? Get into trouble, that's what. Working on a Land Rover is God's work, saving each of us from the sins of apathy, complacency, and Prius snobbery. We each have our own cross[member] to bare, and that's what keeps us in pursuit of right-living...or something.

Oh, now that's funny! You know, it's terribly interesting to me that we fanatically pursue a brand of trucks whose aftermarket is, in my estimation, dominated more by repair parts than accessories, and whose discussion forums focus more on fixing rather than driving.

Cars that don't break and get decent mileage...where's the fun in that? What would I do with that extra time and money anyway? Get into trouble, that's what. Working on a Land Rover is God's work, saving each of us from the sins of apathy, complacency, and Prius snobbery. We each have our own cross[member] to bare, and that's what keeps us in pursuit of right-living...or something.

Dude, that is so well put, I took delight in reading it.

I heard from a very wise person once the following quote about happiness:

"Happiness is: 1) Something to do, 2) something to look forward to, and 3) someone to love."

Land Rovers fulfill two out of the three, with ease (and possibly even the third).
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow