Thread: 1982 stage one question need help

Default 1982 stage one question need help

New to the land rover lifestyle. I was interested in purchasing a series 2a or 3 but came across a 1982 stage 1 5dr v8. Looks to be in good condition. Can anybody pass on a few posts about the stage1 vs. the series. Is the stage one an oddity because it is in between the series and defender or does it have a good reputation of its own any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

you should have a look at this : http://roversnorth.com/forums/showth...ighlight=stage

Owning both a normal series trucks and a stage 1 V8, the stage 1 is much more fun to drive. With a big ( 3.5? liter) V8 i am capable of keeping up with highway traffic no problem. It cruises VERY comfortably at 55-60 and its easy to have a conversation with your passengers. The extra grunt of the V8 is always welcome off road and it has a salsbury rear axle to handle it too.

Yes the stage 1 is some what of an oddity state side, but they do have their own reputation. The truck itself is basically range rover running gear stuffed inside a series III 109 body and frame so parts are not too hard to come by. Our hosts carry alot of parts that will work.

-Robert

My stage one at the Deere Lake rally this past weekend http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.ph...4&id=646291885

Just to clarify, a Stage One is a Series III. they were made for 4 years. Stage one refers to stage one of the reorganization of BMC, who owned Land Rover at the time.
    They were made as an 88" and a 109" and the 109 was made as a 3 door, 5 door, and pickup. They're generally refered to as a Series III V8.

Robert, I was dissapointed you weren't able to get to the saturday portion of last week's meet because I have never sctually seen a LHD stage one before. Sunday looked to much like a washout up here, but from the pictures, it looked like the wx held off down that way.

i was pretty dissapointed i could not make it either. I was in VT for thanksgiving and did not make it home till saturday night. But on the positive note, while in VT i got to check out the newly (re) opened Land Rover experience driving school at the Equinox. If you are ever in the southeastern CT area do not hesitate to contact me i will be happy to show you the truck!

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by jcwales
    New to the land rover lifestyle. I was interested in purchasing a series 2a or 3 but came across a 1982 stage 1 5dr v8. Looks to be in good condition. Can anybody pass on a few posts about the stage1 vs. the series. Is the stage one an oddity because it is in between the series and defender or does it have a good reputation of its own any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Welcome on board!
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.