Thread: Memory Seat

Default Memory Seat

On my '93 LWB the driver seat will not work. I took the switch apart but it was all clean, etc. Sometimes the seat switch will activate the door mirrors. Is there an easy fix for this or can I remove the memory system and fit a harness from my '87 parts Rover to make the driver seat work. Anyone encountered this before?

Default Memory Seat ECU

I am underway trying to get the drivers seat to work on my 94. There is a ecu box mounted to the underneath of the driver's seat (don't get confused with ABS ECU mounted to floor under driver's seat). There is a battery that is soldered to the printed circuit board that corrodes when it fails. My had a resistor and a bunch of the copper traces on the board corroded. I have cleaned up the corrosion, and have ordered a replacement battery and will resolder everything back together to see if it solves the problem. I would imagine most with a LWB will have these sort of problems unless their seat memory ecu had been replaced in the last couple of years.
    Andy

Default Seat inop/memory

That seems 'Lucas Correct' for the seat switch to run the mirrors. If that works ok, best bet is to get the mirror switch to run the seats now...that switch is a lot cheaper to replace.

Any luck? Stuck in the same seating position.