Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2" Budget Lift

Default 2" Budget Lift

I've heard on the Discoweb boards you can use rear springs on a DI and add 2in pucks to the rear to get a 2in overall lift. Is this true? Anyone used this combination?
    99 Beluga Black DI SD
    08 Tongan Green LR3

You can take the rear springs on a D1 and put them on the front, but it would be best to get new springs for the rear. Keep in mind that if you do then that if you add much weight to the front it will still sag because they will be worn out.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not planning on loading up the front with a bumper or anything, just trying to buy time until I can afford proper springs.
    99 Beluga Black DI SD
    08 Tongan Green LR3

In that case find a set of used rear springs. Unfortunately I tossed mine years ago.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

Default 2" lift spacers

Have you considered our 2" Lift Spacers as an affordable alternative:

2" Lift Spacers. Easy to install, for that DIY person. No special tools are required. Fits between axle and spring plate. Set of 2 front, 2 rear. Does not fit Discovery II's:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-5...-set-of-4.aspx
    Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
    "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

The front and rear springs and Disco, RRC and 90 are all interchangeable. The rear springs on 110 are bigger and won't fit. However...the difference is the lb/ft rating. The tallest spring doesn't always make the car sit higher. If it's not stiff enough then it will sink. The stiff short spring will make it sit higher.

I have mixed feelings about the spacers. They have potential to move. THe best way to do it is with +2" springs.

And will you change the dampers? They will bottom out and fail if you don't change them for longer versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Koch
    Have you considered our 2" Lift Spacers as an affordable alternative:

2" Lift Spacers. Easy to install, for that DIY person. No special tools are required. Fits between axle and spring plate. Set of 2 front, 2 rear. Does not fit Discovery II's:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-5...-set-of-4.aspx
    Thanks for the info, Mike. I am a little worried about the old stock springs and the driving quality that will result by lifting the CG another 2in. I think the stiffer rear springs in the front with 2in spacers in the rear would be fine though.
    99 Beluga Black DI SD
    08 Tongan Green LR3

Quote Originally Posted by spacemutt
    The front and rear springs and Disco, RRC and 90 are all interchangeable. The rear springs on 110 are bigger and won't fit. However...the difference is the lb/ft rating. The tallest spring doesn't always make the car sit higher. If it's not stiff enough then it will sink. The stiff short spring will make it sit higher.

I have mixed feelings about the spacers. They have potential to move. THe best way to do it is with +2" springs.

And will you change the dampers? They will bottom out and fail if you don't change them for longer versions.
    That's good info. I'll change the shocks when I do it. That should control sway and make the ride a little better.

Cheers,
    Brendon
    99 Beluga Black DI SD
    08 Tongan Green LR3

Quote Originally Posted by spacemutt

So does this mean I could just buy the Genuine 90 springs for my DI?
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-5...eavy-duty.aspx

How much lift would that give me?? I'd like to fit 215/85's (30in) or somewhere around there. My shocks are original, so they are old and worn.
    99 Beluga Black DI SD
    08 Tongan Green LR3

Quote Originally Posted by BDM
    So does this mean I could just buy the Genuine 90 springs for my DI?
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-5...eavy-duty.aspx

How much lift would that give me?? I'd like to fit 215/85's (30in) or somewhere around there. My shocks are original, so they are old and worn.
    Nevermind, I found the DI HD Genuine Springs. Still would be interested if anyone runs these how they hold up/lift they provide. Thanks.
    99 Beluga Black DI SD
    08 Tongan Green LR3