Thread: Honestly, are Discos _so_ bad??

Default Honestly, are Discos _so_ bad??

All I ever hear about them is that they're terrible, really...

...Well, today I bought one! My third British car (after my Series IIa 109 and my MG)... I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment

Anyway, I don't want to jinx anything, but it seems pretty okay to me. So, what's the big fuss?

What year Disco did you purchase? 94 - 95 have their own issues, 96 -99 other issues, but the reality is compared to other vehicles of the same age I would say they stand up well.

After owning an MG you shouldn't have any issues that you are not familiar with. Repeat after me "Lucas is my friend"
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

It's a '96. I don't know a lot about it - and there doesn't seem to be so much around. Just lots of complaints

Yeah, after the MG and the old Landy I know a thing or two about what to expect with British cars. That's why I don't complain when the switches don't work and water starts leaking into the cab haha

Just remember like any British vehicle 9 times out of 10 it is either a dirty part, loose nut/bolt/screw, or corrosion. Or a dead or dieing battery.

Other than that all should work as designed.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

In no attempt to undermine this board, you might want to check out discoweb.org if you haven't already. There are thousands of people registered there and plenty of opinions and information about Rovers.
    paulgrant@mac.com
    203-770-1699

They rust. Lots.