Thread: Ringing in my ear

Default Ringing in my ear

I have a '98 disco and as soon as I push the button in on the shifter the dinger goes off as if to tell me that my door is open.It stays on the entire time I'm driving until I put the truck back in park. The dealer said it's because of a sensor in the door and wanted $270 to replace it. Is there any way I can bypass this ?

Does your dome light work properly? Does your rear windshield wiper work? Does your alarm LED blink rapidly for 10 seconds before switching to a normal slow blinking? If so then it might not be your door sensor since all these things will not happen with the drivers door open.

If they don't work then I would say your drivers door sensor is bad. You can probably bypass it if you really don't want to replace it. I would just order one and replace it myself. The dealer is always a rip off.