Thread: 95 RRC Brake Kickback & Rear Left Lockup

Default 95 RRC Brake Kickback & Rear Left Lockup

Hello,

So when I start my 95 classic, the red "brake" light stays on for about 15 seconds as the pump charges the system. As I pull away the left rear caliper locks up, and there is a relay fluttering sound, as if traction control is activated alse, and the brake peddle is stiff and pushes back at me, after 15 feet of driving and peddle pushes its gone, brakes work fine, but no active abs. There are no lights related to abs on. Please tell me what is going on, I have a hunch that the left rear abs sensor is out of alignment, causing the caliper to contract, and the traction control to engage, as throttle reduces when brake is locking up. Any help would be great!

You can tap the sensors to be sure they're fully seated...
    '95 RRC LWB (white)
    '95 RRC LWB (Avalon Blue) - sold
    '95 RRC LWB parts truck ready and waiting to donate to the cause...

I have a similar issue and have tried to find the sensors. Even though I have the book I cant find them in real life (behind my wheels looks nothing like the pictures in the book if you ask me)

does any one have any tips for dummies or would anyone be willing to take a digital picture of a real 95 classic and post it with a little arrow or circle?

normaly i am not this thickheaded

I am having a similar problem and i think it is the accumulator. I posted a thread with more details.