Thread: TEMP SENSOR

Default TEMP SENSOR

I am trying to adapt a VDO mechanical temperature sensor in place of the stock electrical unit. The female thread on the housing does not quite match the male thread on the sensor. Has anyone run into this and come up with a simple solution (adapter)?

Default TEMP SENSOR

Which engine?

Many of the gauges come with an assortment of bushings. The bushing threads into the manifold, and the bulb and compression nut thread into the bushing. Carquest had an assortment in back and found me a british-VDO adapter. When I built my engine, I drilled a new hole for a mechanical gauge into the same boss that the elctrical sender goes into, but on top (Vertically) I took a perfect picture for you but it's too large to upload. PM me and I'll email it to you.

Hi Terrys,

Thanks for the info. I'd appreciate the photo, my e-mail address is jmceast@roadrunner.com

Mike