Hi Everyone,

I guess I could call myself a new member, but I've been lurking in the shadows for a while just reading up. I have a '95 D90 with about 125k miles on it. From the records on the vehicle it has gone through a few owners but very well maintained. The previous owners kept good records and it looks like he did a full brake job, replaced the belts and a few other small things.

I thought someone here might be able to help me, but I need to do a couple of things.

First, I'd like to change the brake pads. They squeal pretty bad and it's getting annoying. Any recommendations on good pads?

Second, the brake pedal feels a little loose (not the brakes, but the actual pedal) It moves about an inch or two side to side, is this 'normal' or does anyone else have this issue? I was looking for some bolts to tighten, but the firewall is so close to the brake that I can't see in there. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I have yet to really take it off road because I haven't had it fully checked out, suspension, etc.... I've never replaced my own shocks or built a transmission or anything,(not a grease monkey by any means) so I was thinking about taking it to the dealership to have them check it out? Bad Idea? I need to have the air conditioning recharged, all fluids changed, etc... so I trust the dealership.

Thanks for any info!!!