Thread: engine stumbles when re-started warm

Default engine stumbles when re-started warm

'00 Disco II, 90,000mi.

Engine starts/runs fine - cold.

When I restart the engne when it is still warm it starts fine, but if I take my foot off the gas the idle is a little rough and drops almost to the point where it wants to stall. If I give it some gas and get the rpm's up to say 1500 or so it smooths out and if I drive away it idles fine by the time I get to the next stop light.

Can anyone say what this might be? I have only had the vehicle a few weeks and don't anything about its past maintenance.

Are you depressing the throttle when you are starting the engine? Generally on fuel injected vehicles this is a no-no.

I have the same issue with my 1994 D90.
    If I make a quick stop and start it up again, the D90 will want to stall at stop lights.

It will drive fine between stops/on the highway though.

Any thoughts?

I would look at the stepper motor, this little piece is responsible for your idle,disconnect the harness remove it from the plentum and clean it with carb cleaner, there s a gasket behind it ,don't drop it..