Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant get my 95 swb rr out of park ! help !

Default cant get my 95 swb rr out of park ! help !

looking for some help here, i cannot get my 95 swb rr out of park ! i changed the brake switch and still didnt work, no brake lights either. dont know if yhis matters but the SRS light on the dash blinks when the brake petal is depressed, and the brake indicator light on the dash seems to go in and out. the brake indicator light has been on for as long as i can remember. i checked all the fuses for the ABS and SRS -- any ideas -- thanks ----

Well it's deff your brake light circuit keeping you locked in park, but I can't say if it's because you put a new switch in and it's not adjusted, or you've upset something in the wiring at the plug. It's the fuse or switch 99% of the time; you've created that new 1% catagory.

Default cant get my 95 swb rr out of park ! help

thanks-- i checked the SRS and ABS fuses under the dash ,and the fuses in the engine compartment -- did i miss one ?

thank you all for your help -- i removed the new switch and jumped the wires -- and it worked - i guess the new switch is bad...

Thumbs down Locked out!

That bites. They oughta sell those switches in a '4 bag' for the same price, so you wouldn't have to take 3 of 'em back. Junk . Been there. Out in the boondocks. Good thing it hadn't snowed yet.
    If you buy a spare, be sure it tests good before depending on it !!!!!

OK, where is this switch located, under the dash by the brake pedal, or under the hood? I have the same problem.

Under the dash by the brake pedal. Very easy job.
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

I had the same problem a couple years ago while on a trip to North Carolina. Water had gotten into a rear light housing causing the brake light fuse to blow. I had to play musical fuses to get going again, as my spare fuses were missing, I stole one from a circuit I wasn't using. I removed the parking lock solenoid when I got home.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

I removed the parking lock solenoid
    This. Should be one every RRC owner's list right after removing or renewing the oil cooler lines.

Any chance you could point a fellow in the right direction as to where to find that, and any tips along the way?