Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulkhead Restortions

Default Bulkhead Restortions

Since ECR is out of the Series bulkhead restoration business can anyone recommend other companies within a day's drive of central Maine?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Have you talked with them?

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/Bulkhead.html

It does say that mail-order ones are on hold, but if you're local enough that you can deliver and pick it up, they might be able to handle it...

Give Mike a call and see.... if he really is that covered over, he would be the Maine person I think would know of another possible shop for you....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

They wouldn't help me when I asked

Does anyone know if this will affect the ones already there? Mike currently has a Series II bulkhead of mine I sent back in July. I just sent an email to check on the status.

Greg Keith

greg@uricchio.com

I just received an email that they will be finishing the ones they have.

Greg

I believe I recall somone from a company named "Forever Rover" fabricating Bulkheads.

Default Bulkhead restoration

Hi Jim. I would be glad to rebuild it for you. I am in the Portland area. Shoot me an e-mail if you would like at pgrosso@maine.rr.com

Pete

ECR is, in my opinion, moving away from any Series rebuild work because Defenders make them more money. I had several E-mail conversations about rebuilding my bulkhead with them to no avail. They did tell me that they will definitely finish the ones they have. I know that DAP and a place in South Burlington VT (4X4 Center?) do restorations and I was looking for feedback on the quality of their work. I have John's (FoRover Forever) radiator support and his mudgaurds which are of the highest quality. If he is building bulkheads, he is the only way to go for a long term Series rebuild but I haven't seen them added to his product list. Unfortunately I am not a good enough mechanic that I want to tackle removing my bulkhead for repair and then reinstalling it. I am learning a lot but that is much more than I want to tackle at this point so I thank the kind person who offered to rebuild mine. I am also working on a tight budget and my bulkhead isn't that awfully bad compared to other things which need to be done right now. It will be a while before I get to getting it rebuilt; so to the person who offered to rebuild it, when I get enough cash to do it and it is tip top mechanically I will be in contact for sure.
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim-ME; 01-22-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Too bad I sold the last NOS bulkhead I had 6 years ago I should have put it on ebay. But then who knows you might have won.... and shipping them isn't easy.

It seems that many people now are buying new Defender Bulkheads and welding on their SIIa parcel tray....

I contacted John (FoRover Forever) and asked about bulkheads. He told me that he has toyed with the idea but needs more equipment before he could build them. So stay tuned, keep your fingers crossed because if and when he does they will not only be fantastic they will be a work of art.
    Jim