Thread: INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR CLIP...

Unhappy INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR CLIP...

When I purchased my pre-owned 2000 RR HSK, the rearview (inside) mirror was not attached because the previous owner had broken the mounting clip on the mirror. I checked with Land Rover, and they don't sell replacement clips. I've called salvage yards, and looked on line, I even tried a 'cam lock' part, but I can't find a replacement clip for the mirror.

I don't want to replace a perfectly good mirror (to the tune of $300), just because I can't find a simple steel clip that holds it to the windshield. Has anyone encountered this problem and remedied it, or does anyone have an idea that I haven't thought of? (or maybe even have a clip in their spare parts box they wouldn't mind selling to me)?

Thanks in Advance.

I remain looking forward,

Donagh
    'Maybe the 'Hokey-Pokey' really is what it's all about.'

Default Are you serious????

Mate,

Ask the dealer what they would do in the event of replacing a windscreen? You saying that they are going to have a brand new windscreen that comes with the clip mounted? We are talking about the section attached to the windscreen right? Would a new mirror even come with one? Have you tried rovercanibal?
    I agree... there has to be a better way than throwing away $$.

Keep us informed for sure.

Cheers,
    Curly

Talking Why not

You know, when my mirror went south, I replaced it with a new $13 generic from OReilly. A glass shop glued the new clip on the windshield for $5, and I have a functional tilting mirror that works better than the electronic $300 dimming mirror ever did, and it won't drip goo onto my dash when it fails and leaks. I left the original clip glued to the windshield.

Nope, I'm dead serious... The clip is attached to the back of the mirror stem with s a single screw. (The part attached to the windscreen is called a nipple, or cam)

I actually want to use the original mirror and will risk the 'goo' running out of it, if it fails. (Typically, I don't speculate on the possibility of bad things happening and consequently compromise my lifestyle accordingly)

But I hadn't heard of rovercanibal, and so thanks for the tip, it will be my next stop.

I'll let you know how I fare, and if anyone else has a source for hard to find RR parts, I'd be be very grateful to hear about it.

Best,

Donagh/Connecticut
    'Maybe the 'Hokey-Pokey' really is what it's all about.'