Thread: weber Carburetor

Default weber Carburetor

i need to rejet my weber Carburetor .any idea of the right jets to use? 1971 IIA with a 2.5 cam...i live only 1000 feet above sea.
    THEY CALL ME GRUMPY!

you can buy the jets from alomost any place that sells weber parts. try webercarbs.com.

also top end racing hads a very informative site for weber info in general. I would think you'd be fine though. how do you know you need to re-jet?
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Default well

i only getting 11 MPG in town.most i know around here are doing better then 15 MPG.
    and after talking to a few people about MPG. i should also.
    timing ---ok
    THEY CALL ME GRUMPY!

http://www.innerauto.com/Weber_Brand...CH_Carburetor/

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/34_ICT_p/15290.027.htm

Try one of these places. The Weber is used on so many different engines that it rarely comes properly jetted usually too lean though! I've never actually heard what jetting is correct for the 2.25/2.5.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Ditto.... people getting *really* great gas mileage out of a Weber are in actuality, running it too lean.... if the mixture is correct, the mileage won't be as high... you may be closer to where they need to be, and not that you need to change to be more like theirs....

FWIW....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

I can attest that my 34ICH is getting far better that 15 miles per gallon. However I can't tell you exactly what my mpg is due to no odometer.

All I can tell you is that it's cheaper to run my 88" than my diesel car. That's another story though...

Good luck!
    Tim

I am getting 17-18 mpg with a W single brl.

There is some information on them here that may help with the jets:

http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/Serie...arb.weber.html

-L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Honestly I'd look elsewhere for the problem first. How is your timing? What do your spark plugs look like?
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

I put a single barrel Weber on My 67' Series IIa over 15 years ago. I got around 15 -17 MPG and was satidsfied, About 2 years ago I had the rig in a local very good older car garage to work on other stuff and he comented how gutless my Rover was ( he has a 31 Model A with more pick up - really) He asked me if he could mess with it - and felt it was definatly not getting enough fuel. He ended up re- jetting it twice to find the best combo - It now only gets 10-12 MPG BUT it runs fantastic!! Gas Cost be dammed - I love the fix! Try it! Mike