Thread: HORN

Default HORN

My horn doesn't work... worst I can't even find the darn thing....
    Can anyone help!

Thanks,

Tony

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by antnvc
    My horn doesn't work... worst I can't even find the darn thing....
    Can anyone help!

Thanks,

Tony
    Tony;
    The Disco 1 has two horns located behind the plastic grill, you can pop out those plastic pins and tip the grill forward...... check your wiring connections for corrosion....... and use a test light and helper to see if you are getting power to the horns......

In my opinion Disco horns are crap and prone to component failure..... i have one on the fritz right now....... I will replace them in the spring with an aftermarket type...........
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

jericky45 Guest

Default horn

Hi Tony, im ricky im having a problem with my horn too. im new to this site. did you ever get your horn to work? on mine if i trip my alarm my horn will sound but if i am just honking my horn its not working. any i dieas? need help any one pls thanks in advance

The horns are located behind the front grill. They are notorious for getting water into them and shorting out. Nothing to do but replace them.