Thread: Suggestions for new tires d-90

Default Suggestions for new tires d-90

I thought you experts out there might have some good suggestions for new tires for my '94 d-90 softtop. Here in Seattle we don't get much snow but it certainly gets pretty wet on the roads. Most of my driving is hard surface roads, forest service roads and some 4 wheel drive roads. I currently have BFG Mud all terrains. They seem pretty good but they're rather loud on the highway. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Heidi

You have BFG Mud Terrains or BFG All Terrains, 2 different tires. And for the love of all that is innocent, you could search tire threads here or elsewhere and have enough pages to read until death comes for you.

EDIT: Sorry I realize that came off very harsh. Let us know which BFG tire you have now and we can go from there.
    Last edited by KevinNY; 07-02-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

Default Tyres

Hey heidi ,i normally have simular terrain to yours, i have a 110 petrol model, i use the firestone 7.50-16 tubeless, because its 12 ply, good for stumps and rocks, mud, hell !!!! I JUST GO ANYWHERE WITH THEM, the only difference is , i would inflate or deflate for different terrains, 10LBS for mud terrain, 20LBS - 30LBS for normal ,i dont have snow, but i have tried others, These work the best for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by geeheidi View Post
    I thought you experts out there might have some good suggestions for new tires for my '94 d-90 softtop. Here in Seattle we don't get much snow but it certainly gets pretty wet on the roads. Most of my driving is hard surface roads, forest service roads and some 4 wheel drive roads. I currently have BFG Mud all terrains. They seem pretty good but they're rather loud on the highway. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Heidi

Unless you have a specific reason to buy Mud Terrains, then BFG All-Terrains are a great choice. If you want an excellent tire which is primarily a road tire but can do some of your mild off-road stuff, try the Michelin LTX A/T-2. Also consider running 235/85-16 size tires. They're a little skinnier but cost a little less and are a stock Defender tire size in many markets. The wide 265/75-16's might not be truly necessary for your style of driving.

Don't forget the General Grabber AT2s. Very good tyres similar to the BFG All Terrains and a lot cheaper (well they are over here).

Dino Guest

thumb-up

Quote Originally Posted by geeheidi View Post

Heidi
    This looks like the kind of tyre that will help you out on your wet roads

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-1...-750-x-16.aspx

As someone who has tested a variety of tires I think the AT-2 is amazing.