Thread: to buy or not to buy

Default to buy or not to buy

i realize this may generate bias answers but, what do you guys think?
    in general, do you guys feel disco I's (esp 1995 w/ 137000 awd 3.8 v8)to be problematic, time consuming, and expensive to run as daily drivers or good solid vehicles to get in and drive to work everyday?
    thanks
    mw

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Kind of hard to answer your question. The reason I say this is, I have no idea how this Rover was maintained, does it have any current issues. What has been done in the way of current maintenance and Upgrades if any. My 1997 served as my daily driver for years, but now it is my off road vehicle and winter driving vehicle.

You same question could be made toward any vehicle on the market... with the same results. If it has been taken good care of and maintained as it should be then it could make a good daily driver, not cheap on fuel but it will get you to and from work.

On the other hand if it has been neglected or if you do not keep up on it... it can be costly if you take it to a dealer or mechanic (same can be said for any vehicle).
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

true. i was just looking for general assuptions that normal wear and tear, occasional off roading, and normal maintenance has been done. for instance my 2003 saab has been a decent vehicle for me. has had some quirks but nothing major. i haven't babied this car with easy driving and outstanding maintenance, just normal city driving and normal service. however, in general, most would say the 2003 saab 9-3's arre extremely problematic, worrisome, money pits. i've been lucky (knock on wood). on that note, anyone want to buy a good looking 2003 9-3 with 58000 miles??!! price is right!

back to the disco, doesn't matter now, the seller reposted it after i said i wanted to come see it and sold it prior to my arrival on sunday. on top of that, he wouldn't answer my emails, txts, or calls sunday as i drove 1.5 hours out of my way to see it. thanks alot buddy! so now, after all that, i'm going to pick up my new 91 classic swb!!!!

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖