Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ragtop install

I will get those later today, I just got off from work and I am about to head out to the range, once I get back I will take some pictures.

The hoop set came with the truck, but came with two left hand drain channels so I ordered a new right hand channel from RN. They are very similar...
    WAR EAGLE!

65 IIa 88
    95 RRC 25th Anniversary
    98 Discovery LE7
    00 DII (Sold)

In the exmoor video, he puts a clamp on each leg of both hoops. This must be something the PO's keep, both rovers I've owned never had these when I got them.
    Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Quote Originally Posted by xsbowes View Post
    In the exmoor video, he puts a clamp on each leg of both hoops. This must be something the PO's keep, both rovers I've owned never had these when I got them.
    You can buy them new. They get lost sometimes.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Those videos were extremely useful!
    Thanks for sharing them disco2hse! I've already seen a few small adjustments I can make for a better seal.

Anyone know about those rubber door seals the use? Do our hosts sell them?

I think they are regular Defender door seals. I will be trying a set hopefully without having to grind off anything. I'll let everybody know how it went once they are on or not.
    Jim

The door seals are different from the defender ones but they are expensive IIRC. I have just used generic rubbers from a supplier that sell various profiles by the metre. I guess you can use defender ones but they may not fit without some "adjustment".
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME View Post
    I think they are regular Defender door seals. I will be trying a set hopefully without having to grind off anything. I'll let everybody know how it went once they are on or not.
    Jim
    I put the Defender seals on my IIA a year or so ago. They fit great, with no grinding necessary - in my case, anyway.

As they say, your results may vary......

Default canvas top video

there is a great video on you tube by RuggedGuide. Titled Exmoor trimm 88 inch.

Excellent! Just what I needed!!
    No, its not a Jeep...update, actually it is for right now. I am temporarily Rover-less.

1972 SIII 109-sold

Question Difference in Exmoor canvas

Hi,

Can any one say the difference between Exmoor trim canvas product for S2a, there is an standard cotton and new line called deep weave canvas?

Is there much of difference where I can invest extra dollers, or since our weather hot and very hot No need to go the deep weave for extra water proofing (by the way no rains in our area 2 days per year might be)

Ahmad