Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ragtop install

Quote Originally Posted by jac04 View Post
    ^^The front piece with the 'tines' on it should be up against the windshield frame. On my SIII Lightweight, this piece is actually riveted to the windshield frame using the hole at each tine. This will bring the front edge of the top down, and will keep it in the gutters as well.
    Thanks for the reply, so if I follow you correctly I would have to bend the front rail downward to get it to touch the windscreen frame and then drill into the frame and rivot it? I am just not sure I want to drill my windscreen frame as now that its on I am kinda thinking its not as practical for me as the truck top I run it with.
    1973 NADA 88

I would bend it so that it is tight up against the windshield frame. Since you switch between tops, I agree with not riveting it.