Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Thread about New Threads

Default New Thread about New Threads

Can anyone tell me the diameter and pitch of the spare tire hold-down bolts on a Series truck bonnet? I need to get some longer custom bolts to accomodate a larger rim & tire, but trying my own measurements has got me quite stumped...

Try going to McMaster.com They will have what you need and should have a good online guide to help you identify the number of threads per inch and diameter of bolt.

McMaster is awesome. I buy all kinds of stuff for my boat there.

Tim

why not get new nuts with the new bolts? and not mess with trying to match threads
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

The thread is 1/2x16 BSF McMaster may not carry it.

Our hosts use to sell the military style hold downs(which were longer than the regular ones for deeper dished wheels) and longer bolts for them-why not give them a call.
    1965 109 2door hardtop (restored years ago)
    1971 88 (restored and as new)
    1967 88 (the next project)

along the same line, use the military straps arrangement:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/c-8...ng-panels.aspx

Jaime
    One Life Live It

Default 1/2BSF

Assuming the our hosts have nothing to help, I've found good service from Metric and Multistandard Components Corp. in Hawthorne, NY 800.431.2792. Thay have everything I've ever needed in BSF, BSW, BSPT and BA. They also have wrenches to fit them, taps and dies to make them all, and screw pitch gages.

I generally deal at the counter, but they will ship in small quantities. Helpful folks, as well. They have an on-line catalogue, but the paper catalogue has usefull information about all sorts of arcane fastening stuff.

Tom Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Tsmith View Post
    Assuming the our hosts have nothing to help, I've found good service from Metric and Multistandard Components Corp. in Hawthorne, NY 800.431.2792. Thay have everything I've ever needed in BSF, BSW, BSPT and BA. They also have wrenches to fit them, taps and dies to make them all, and screw pitch gages.

I generally deal at the counter, but they will ship in small quantities. Helpful folks, as well. They have an on-line catalogue, but the paper catalogue has usefull information about all sorts of arcane fastening stuff.

Tom Smith
    Tom
    Great tip-do they have a website?