Thread: Ignition wire locations on coilpack

Default Ignition wire locations on coilpack

I recently did the head gaskets on my 04 disco. I was pretty meticulous except for marking the wire numbers with the locations on the coil packs.

I believe I have the cylinders identified correctly:

Drivers side from front to back: 1,3,5,7

Passenger side from front to back: 2,4,6,8

Is this right? Now there are numbers on the wires 1-8. Am I right in assuming these must correspond with the cylinders?

On the back of the coil packs, there is a right and left side. Each coil pack is labeled 1,2,3,4. I need to figure out which cylinder goes with each coil pack location.

If anyone knows this info and is kind enough to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten should not even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back"

Disco II, 2000, 90K mi, Northern NJ - http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/Discovery_2000/

Quote Originally Posted by dandruka View Post
    I recently did the head gaskets on my 04 disco. I was pretty meticulous except for marking the wire numbers with the locations on the coil packs.

I believe I have the cylinders identified correctly:

Drivers side from front to back: 1,3,5,7

Passenger side from front to back: 2,4,6,8

Is this right? Now there are numbers on the wires 1-8. Am I right in assuming these must correspond with the cylinders?

On the back of the coil packs, there is a right and left side. Each coil pack is labeled 1,2,3,4. I need to figure out which cylinder goes with each coil pack location.

If anyone knows this info and is kind enough to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Remove some stuffs & take a look at it by yourself. Here's a simple guide for that. Ignition wire set replacement