Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer Lake Rally

I may be coming sans Rover depending on how bad Alan up at Cityside tells me it is. I just picked it up, and its got a few issues. How do you think my Volvo 240 will do on the trails?

even if you don't drive on the trails there are plenty of open seats. If you have a ranve rover classic I have tons of parts.

I'm planning to head up on Sat A.M. for the day. Anyone bringthere kids? my Daughter would love to play with someone.
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

Kevin, I went last year and it's a great meet. The offroading is as intense as you'll find in this neck of the woods, but I would suggest it's not really the best place for kids. The ground is pretty rocky in the woods and there are alot of trucks in motion. If it's a slick as it was last year, you really need to keep an eye open for sliding and winching.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys View Post
    Kevin, I went last year and it's a great meet. The offroading is as intense as you'll find in this neck of the woods, but I would suggest it's not really the best place for kids. The ground is pretty rocky in the woods and there are alot of trucks in motion. If it's a slick as it was last year, you really need to keep an eye open for sliding and winching.

Thanks Terry,, Are you heading up? I will still take her, and if It's not working out I'll just head home.
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)

Yeah, but I'm not sure which day. I have some friends that want to go sunday, and other that wants to go saturday.
    I'm sure your daughter will be fine. Just keep her close when you're up in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not sure which day. I have some friends that want to go sunday, and other that wants to go saturday.
    I'm sure your daughter will be fine. Just keep her close when you're up in the woods.
    I have the only daughter that doesn't like mud! It's only about 1.5 from my house and if it doesn't work out,will came home.

I hope to see you up there. What do you now about Riley's
    I have a 1960 Riley 1.5 in the shop to prep it for racing.
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)

I regret to inform you all that some family issues have just come up and the rally will no longer be happening. I apologize for anyone who made plans, especially because it is such late notice. Please spead the word.

Very sorry to hear that Forrest.

I hope things work out.

Forrest,

I am very sorry to hear that and I hope everything is ok.

If anyone would like to do some rovering this weekend I would be happy to meet up in the south eastern CT area. We could meet up at in a parking lot, ride some trails on the state land near me (legal, fun, challenging, non damaging, took a stock 109 with street tires through it no problem,) and end up with some apple cider and donuts at B.f. Clydes cider mill in old mystic, the oldest steam powered cider mill in the U.S.
    P.m. if interested

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --