Thread: reprogrammig new key

Default reprogrammig new key

hi all, bought a new key for my car, i has to be reprogrammed and i found this on the net, can any one tell me if this will work

Initialisation Procedure
    Ensure the vehicle is unlocked and the driver and front passenger doors are closed.

Install a key/remote handset in the ignition switch, then turn the ignition switch to position I and back to position
    0 in less than 5 seconds to put the BCU into the initialisation mode. Continue the procedure within 30 seconds
    of turning the ignition switch to position 0.

Remove the key/remote handset from the ignition switch.

Press and hold the unlock button for a maximum of 15 seconds. During this time, momentarily press the lock
    button three times within 10 seconds.

Release both buttons.

Successful initialisation is indicated by the BCU locking then unlocking the vehicle. If this does not occur, repeat
    step 4.

Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all other remote handsets belonging to the vehicle (4 maximum). Begin the
    initialisation of each remote handset within 30 seconds of completing the previous initialisation, or the BCU will

drop out of the initialisation mode and the complete procedure will have to be started again.

thanks daveo
    2003 rangerover v8

That will set the lock/unlocking for the vehicle. You still need to program the key to the Immoblisation ECU to start the vehicle.

How do you do that too Hammer38?

I am in the process of obtaining an additional key (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Land-Ro...FXFu7W&vxp=mtr) for my new 2004 L322.

Can an ordinary Lock Smith cut/copy the grooves required in the key for my ignition key? Or is there a special place we have to send these to?

Paul