Thread: How do I adjust idle on a 1998 RR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do I adjust idle on a 1998 RR

Its idling at 1600 or soo...

How do I turn down the idle?

Or is there something else I should do?

Thanks

High idle usually means an air leak into the plenum or a stuck throttle. Did you take anything apart before it started idling faster? Check the plenum, attached hoses and the Idle Air Control Valve on the back of the plenum. Also check and lubricate the linkage and make sure that nothing is blocking the butterfly, the linkage or the pedal.
    2013 RRS
    2006 RRSC
    2002 DII
    1998 P38 4.6
    1995 RRC SWB
    1989 RRC
    1965 SIIA 109 SW

I agree with Wallace, I would also add that the IAC may be dirty and in need of cleaning as well as the butterfly in the Throttle body. Worse case the ECU needs a reset, this can normally be done by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, but worse case will need someone with Testbook (dealer computer) or Autologic (very high dollar LR repair computer).
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons