Thread: servo brake tower

Default servo brake tower

Thinking of converting our '68 ambulance/camper to dual power brakes. We have a 72 parts 88 with power brakes. The servo is shot but does anyone know if the pedal bracket will work sith a new servo and the 109 MC? thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimCT
    Thinking of converting our '68 ambulance/camper to dual power brakes. We have a 72 parts 88 with power brakes. The servo is shot but does anyone know if the pedal bracket will work sith a new servo and the 109 MC? thanks, Jim
    I have not done exaustive research on the subject but to the best of my knowlede there was just one pedistal and pedistal mounted booster used with 88 & 109 late IIA & III Land Rovers. It is the master cylinder and plumbing that is different between the two systems.

Here's a link to my how-to conversion page:

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/dual_brake_conv.htm

Default re: Servo brake tower

The servo pedal tower will fit fine. You will have to cut the footwell opening a bit longer, if not already cut and blanked off. Your 109 MC mounting holes should be vertical where they bolted onto the original tower, but the servo needs a MC that has a horizontal mounting. You will need a new MC, me thinks.

Bob

thumb-up Here is another how to...

JimCT

I know you already got your answer from the others. But here is a website with some good pics of what you will be doing.

http://aluminumfriend.blogspot.com/2...8-land_02.html
    Visit The Wandering Hippo (my 109 S2A Ambulance).