Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY DOOR WON"T OPEN!!!!!!

Thumbs down Frick

Fricken frack^##^*@@%$#$$#^#^*^()%^()(_+_~ of course there is a screw in the door behind the door! WHY!!!

On P38’s... If this happens, the only way to open the door is to break it with a long screwdriver and a BFH. The whole latch assembly will break apart then replace the latch. Be carful not to dent the door skin.
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

can you just try opening one of the other doors and get out that way? I would be so frustrated if i'd been trapped in my rover for as long as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed* View Post
    can you just try opening one of the other doors and get out that way? I would be so frustrated if i'd been trapped in my rover for as long as you.

LOL
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)

Red face Thanks Moderator!

yeah i was ranting, i apologize for that, it just seems that everything is dependent on me getting the door open!

Smile i got it open!!!!!!!!

i GOT THE DOOR OPEN, yeah yeah i GOT THE DOOR OPEN!! (IT WAS THE LOCK, IT WASN'T FULLY ENGAGING!!!!

noW, I GOTTA PEE!!!!!

hey that great!

can you post and tell us how you got it open and how you figued out the lock was at fault. Just in case one of us runs into this issue it would be great to have the solution paired up with the problem.

ed

Quote Originally Posted by kevin-ct View Post
    Wow, Can you look at the latch and see the lever that works the locking? Can you see if that is fully unlocking?

My friend had this happened to him, he drove over to my house and I found the locking rod sticking, after applying PB Blaster I was able to open the door after working the lever back and forth.

Not saying you are having trouble with this, but I cannot see the latch had broke by you repairing the window motor.

Where are you located?

Didnt I say that? Glad you are not stuck in the car anymore.......
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)

Default how i did it!

ok, i took the otherside apart to see how the lock works, I noticed that there is a "hinge" in the lock, fully "flat" it will unlock, hinged just a little it won"t open, which mine was, just a tad. so i got the jack handel, after i tore "EVERYTHING OUT!" and a hammer, and gently taped the "hinge part" flat. this allowed it to work properly, Neadless to say i took it out cleaned it up, really well, and put some teflon on it! I can't find any pictures or learn the name of the parts, so sorry. Or did you mean how i peed? well i had to use the shower, becasue i had to go! with my pants around my ankles, i let it rip!! Darm super big gulps!!!!

Now can anyone tell me where i put the duck tape, to get the window in........
    Last edited by dwporter90rc; 11-24-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot something

Default Fix a non opening door

In the Seattle area, just take it to Gord'n at LaMorna Motors. It will take 1 hour and 10 minutes. He's a great guy, but don't expect him to tell ya how he did it.