Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY DOOR WON"T OPEN!!!!!!

Default MY DOOR WON"T OPEN!!!!!!

the drivers door is stuck closed, (I was cleaning the window motor, it works great, i did not put the door panel on, and it started to rain, so i raised the window, only half way it goes up, so i went insode. the next day the door won't open! i have pulled on the rods, checked the lock, it i ok, but the door just won't open! any ideas how to get it open?

Quote Originally Posted by dwporter90rc View Post
    the drivers door is stuck closed, (I was cleaning the window motor, it works great, i did not put the door panel on, and it started to rain, so i raised the window, only half way it goes up, so i went insode. the next day the door won't open! i have pulled on the rods, checked the lock, it i ok, but the door just won't open! any ideas how to get it open?

I have found once that the lock rod (the rod that goes to the knob that you push down pull up to lock/unlock the doors) might be out of adjustment (if the door panel is off)

So pull up the rod while you try to open the door

Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

Default STILL WON"T OPEN!!

I tried that kevin, did not work, i work/look at it all day. nothing!the out side opener, nor does the inside opener work! the lock doesn't do anything! can some one help me! can i get the door open, by taking the pin/latch connected to the body of the truck, i am lost here!

try pushing in on the door really hard when you pull the latch, then open it

Quote Originally Posted by dwporter90rc View Post
    I tried that kevin, did not work, i work/look at it all day. nothing!the out side opener, nor does the inside opener work! the lock doesn't do anything! can some one help me! can i get the door open, by taking the pin/latch connected to the body of the truck, i am lost here!

Wow, Can you look at the latch and see the lever that works the locking? Can you see if that is fully unlocking?

My friend had this happened to him, he drove over to my house and I found the locking rod sticking, after applying PB Blaster I was able to open the door after working the lever back and forth.

Not saying you are having trouble with this, but I cannot see the latch had broke by you repairing the window motor.

Where are you located?

Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

Default I don't know

CliftonRover, tried that, Good idea i forgot about that, but nope! Kevin, it all looks like it is working well down there, i am going to tear everything out ( meaning loosing all the screws, and try to remove everything, i can, I can only hope that something else is in the way some how!!!

jaws of life

if you want to take the front hinges off and trash the door I will give you another door if your in the area, what color?

Default i live in new orleans, where are you?

i live in new orleans, where are you?

Angry

Ok, do i have this right? (my labels on the pic) Also i can take the front decker panel off, (i have to to fix the wipers) i can get to four of the bolts holding the door in, I can go further and remove the fender, so this gets the door bolts off, Does anyone know if i can just slide it out? or does the door lock stricker stop it from coming out? ANy help will be greatly appreciated!