Thread: WTB: Original/Driver Series in New England

Default WTB: Original/Driver Series in New England

I previously did a frame up on a 71 IIA and never enjoyed it, it was too nice and not what I really wanted. I am looking for an original or driver quality series truck in the northeast. I am located in MA. I can also trade my good running/nice looking 78 MGB towards the right series. Post here or email me grw "take this out" ifa@aim.com . Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GrFa View Post
    I previously did a frame up on a 71 IIA and never enjoyed it, it was too nice and not what I really wanted. I am looking for an original or driver quality series truck in the northeast. I am located in MA. I can also trade my good running/nice looking 78 MGB towards the right series. Post here or email me grw "take this out" ifa@aim.com . Thanks!

There is one up here just out side of Wiscassett Maine that has been sitting for a while. Dont really know the condition of it but i would be willing to check it out for you.

Its a IIA 109 with the pick up top and 3/4 tilt.

Check out Maine Craiglist too, there is a 63 88 on it too.
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Thanks for the tip. I was up in Wiscasset for Red's Eats this summer on a road/sailing/boat delivery trip. If you could grab some details I'd be interested.

I emailed the gentleman with the 63 88. He claims original paint and condition with 50k-ish original miles. However he did tell me the trans crossmember is rotted and needs to be replaced. Sounds fishy and a little pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by msggunny View Post
    There is one up here just out side of Wiscassett Maine that has been sitting for a while. Dont really know the condition of it but i would be willing to check it out for you.

Its a IIA 109 with the pick up top and 3/4 tilt.
    If you're talking about the one at Station House Auto,on Rt 1, just north of Wiscasset, Lime green if I recall, It's real nice, but I'm told by a friend in Union it's pretty pricey

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys View Post
    If you're talking about the one at Station House Auto,on Rt 1, just north of Wiscasset, Lime green if I recall, It's real nice, but I'm told by a friend in Union it's pretty pricey
    Thats the one, i havent talked to the guy about it though. If its pricey he must think its made of gold!
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Well I don't think I can afford one made of gold. Better scratch that one out. I've made so many inquiries on trucks for sale and hardly anyone has gotten back to me. I couldn't even set up going to see any this weekend. Maybe people are rethinking selling now that its getting chilly out?

Quote Originally Posted by GrFa View Post
    Well I don't think I can afford one made of gold. Better scratch that one out. I've made so many inquiries on trucks for sale and hardly anyone has gotten back to me. I couldn't even set up going to see any this weekend. Maybe people are rethinking selling now that its getting chilly out?
    There is a guy selling a 109 MOD here on RN too, he is in Portland. There are a few around, you just have to look kinda hard.
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Default Rovers in ME

Someone just posted a 69 Bugeye on the for sale board that's located in ME. Also, there's a different 69 Bugeye in Cape Elizabeth. Both of them are on Galvanized frames. I don't know either of the guys selling but have checked out the one in cape and have pictures etc of that truck. Let me know if you are interestd in the info.

pgrosso@maine.rr.com

Pete

I was speaking to Bill in Portland about the exmod. Trying to go see it next week. It sounds like it need quite a bit of work. The red 69 bugeye I PMed the owner and I'm waiting for the details on it. Emailing you Pete about the other one.

Thanks for all the help guys. I actually stumbled on a RR classic that I couldn't resist!