Thread: Trailer to haul LR2 or Disco II

Question Trailer to haul LR2 or Disco II

Anyone have any idea on where I can buy a trailer to haul my LR2 behind my Disco II and vice versa? Any ideas on brand names or dealers?

I live in Walden, NY which is about 1hr north of Manhattan and 1/2 way in between Newburgh and Middletown, NY so something local is definitely good.

Are there some websites that I can look into for buying a fully wired trailer?

I live down in Highland Mills and bought a Featherlite from Trailer Depot in New Haven CT this last year. They're kinda spendy, but the trailer only weighs 1400 lbs, so its conceivable that you could put a vehicle on it and still be under the towing limit of the disco (5000 lbs I think?). I wouldn't normally consider an LR2 to be a tow vehicle for anything other than jet skis, but I haven't read the manual.

You're welcome to come down and inspect the trailer if you like.

Is yours an open or enclosed trailer?

If you buy the trailer from out of state, make sure it abides to NY law. I believe there are different rules about trailer brakes in NY as there are about them in CT. I found this out when a boat trailer gave up in Long Island and I had to run to the local boat supply for a new one. I forgot what the rules were though, something about not needing brakes unless the total load was up to a certain amount. After a certain weight, you must have brakes where in CT they aren't as strict.

Good luck.