Thread: Mirror Arms

Default Mirror Arms

I have the door hinges which have the hole for a mirror arm. Right now I have a jurry rigged Series III mirror assembly on the drivers side and nothing on the passengers side. I would like to mount mirrors on the hinges like they are supposed to be. I know that the style of mirror head is up to me and I am leaning towards the rectangular ones over the round ones but which mirror arms do I need to buy? I know that the current SIII arm won't work. Thanks in advance.

If I recall correctly the original mirror arm for the II-IIA hinges was similar to that mounted on the wing, but had a boomerang base. They may be the ones that Craddock’s sells in the UK (and you could try PB Blanchard):

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/product_search.asp?catid=3&page=new

p 57 in our host’s catalogue shows the wing mirror arm as the part for the IIA door mirror...it will fit but I do not think it was originally intended:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/pc-233-276-page-57-body-mirrors-defender-90-tailboard.aspx

and RN does not appear to have the boomerang types.

There is an adapter plate for a version of the SIII door mirror arm that also works on the IIA, but I haven't seen these for a while (the plate has two bols that attach to the hinge bolts, and the arm then bolts to the part of the plate that sticks out below the hinge...).

i may have a mirror to fit that style of hinge...

Thanks for the offer but I ordered 2 arms and 2 mirrors yesterday.
    Jim