Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof

Default Sunroof

My sunroof in my 2000 discovery is stuck closed and is leaking any ideas?

Perhaps the drains are clogged. There are two drains, one on the two front corners of each of the sunroofs. They have plastic hoses that carry water out of the sunroof frame. In the front they run down the a pillar and in the rear they drain out the rear wheel well. A shot of compressed air is usually enough to unclog the hoses.
    paulgrant@mac.com
    203-770-1699

I forgot to address the roof not moving. If you hear the sunroof motor trying to move the glass then it's most likely something has gummed up the rails.
    paulgrant@mac.com
    203-770-1699

Default Sunroof Not Working!

Quote Originally Posted by spenceg View Post
    My sunroof in my 2000 discovery is stuck closed and is leaking any ideas?
    Question: is it the Front or Back Sunroof that is not working?

Bill
    Headliner Express
    Bill Stauffer
    Winter Park,Florida USA

Ok ill try blowing the drains out. I hear the motor working but how would i get it open to fix the track?

its the rear sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by spenceg View Post
    Ok ill try blowing the drains out. I hear the motor working but how would i get it open to fix the track?
    You probably need rails & maybe a motor. Lower the headliner & you can take the torx bolts out that hole the assembly to the frame & remove the unit. You need to remove the motor first. It's three torx bolts. Fairly easy to figure out once your there.

Most Disco II sunroof seals leak. You can buy new seal from Land Rover or on ebay. Try running a bit of vaseline around the rubber too.

As for not working, as mentioned above, new tracks.

Don't listen to Spacemutt's Vaseline idea. Vaseline, being petroleum jelly for personal and not automotive useage, will deteriorate the rubber and then you will need another seal. I'm sure there is a Land Rover approved rubber seal conditioner at Rovers North that could alleviate the issue.

That's what I was told by a Land Rover dealer!