Thread: 1994 LWB Range Rover AC/Blower Motors do not work

Default 1994 LWB Range Rover AC/Blower Motors do not work

Okay... I'm troubleshooting the sudden stop of my AC and Heater Blower motors. Since both motors stopped working at the same time, I don't think the motors are the issue (plus I replaced the heater blower motor a year ago). I also swapped out the switch and swapped out the resistor pack underneath the front cowl. Neither seemed to help. I read an interesting post by JSlayer.... I wondering if the problem relates to a faulty ground. I cleaned several grounds in the engine bay but still no go.... anyone know here the heater/ac motor ground is?

Any other comments or suggestions welcomed.....

Default fixed...

In case anyone has this problem in the future, I found that a fuse (E3) underneath the passenger seat wasn't seated correctly. I replaced with a new fuse and the problem went away.

PS: I logged on to Alldatadyi.com. Found the sight to be very useful. The electrical diagrams were much clearer and easier to follow then my rover factory repair manual. Definitely worth the $25 / year membership.

I know it's been some time since you 'fixed' your blower motor, but I've recently purchased a 94 LWB which has the same 'symptom." could you tell me which fuse is E3?

Hi kbaker365.... It's a fuse located under the front passenger seat. You access it from behind the seat. I'd suggest you move the front passenger seat forward as far as it can go first.

It should be marked but if it isn't, I wouldn't take long to examine the fuses in that location. If memory serves me well, there are only 7/8 fuses in that specific spot. Pull and replace one at a time. In my situation, the fuse connection wasn't making good contact. I replaced the fuse even though it appeared to be fine. Everything worked fine after that point.

Btw... Good luck... Let me know how you make out.

on my 1995 RRC, I fixed the same problem with a new relay. The relay was located on the right side of the passenger footwell. Apparently water gets in here and can mess up the relay. There are a few relays in the spot, behind a plastic cover. Since you just cleaned grounds, can you tell me where the one on the driver's side of the engine runs to? Ijust put in a new engine and the starter is not even clicking. The braided ground I suspect bolts to the bottom of the engine (I think) and runs towards the PS pump. Do not remember where it went to from there or even if it bolted to the engine just above the oil pan?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wareiter View Post
    on my 1995 RRC, I fixed the same problem with a new relay. The relay was located on the right side of the passenger footwell. Apparently water gets in here and can mess up the relay. There are a few relays in the spot, behind a plastic cover. Since you just cleaned grounds, can you tell me where the one on the driver's side of the engine runs to? Ijust put in a new engine and the starter is not even clicking. The braided ground I suspect bolts to the bottom of the engine (I think) and runs towards the PS pump. Do not remember where it went to from there or even if it bolted to the engine just above the oil pan?
    Thanks.
    I know this is old, but I'm having the same problem and was wondering if you or anyone here knows which one is the relay that I need to check. I removed the cover and found 6 or 7 relays. My A/C was working perfectly and all the sudden it stopped working. Thanks!
    Tony

Current:
    1957 LR SI SWB
    1999 Disco II

Previous:
    1994 RRC LWB
    1991 RRC SWB
    1995 RRC SWB
    1969 LR IIA NADA LWB

Check out: http://macassemble.com/lrm/ for electrical schematics.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)