Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 350 Chevy in a series

Default 350 Chevy in a series

Does anyone know where I can get adapter plates to fit a 350 in my series? I am open to options but was thinking keeping the GM engine and tranny together and finding an adapter plate to fit the transfer case for the 4X4 system.

Call Advanced Adapters and talk to Matt Jackson, he has developed an adapter that essentially makes the Series Transfer case's like a Dana 300, so you can then yse any of the transmissions that can be swapped to the Dana 300 with the Series T case. (at least that is my understanding of the adapter.)

http://gunsandrovers.yuku.com/topic/5339
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

the small block v/8 fits tight and has to be installed ascued to give clearence to the steering box, ive used many scotty adapters (now out of buisiness) for installing chevy 292 6-cyls to the land rover trans,the 292 works out great for fit and power but have made adapters from a 60s 70s chevy school bus which has a factory adapter between the v/8 engine and transmission which will give you a good start for making your own adapter for chevy bolt pattern.....

3 years ago i built a 67 109 with a chevy conv i used a chevy engine 700R4 auto trans w/od and an S-10 transfrer case that put the front propeller shaft in the right place, problems i encountered were: 3 x members had to be altered and the trans x member had to be completely removed and fabricate a new one to accomedate the GM trans,the propeller shafts had to be cut, spliced and balanced, rear shims added to change the degree of the rear diff, i used a micro lock for an e-brake,and howell ind makes a harness for the OD that just plugs in,and a trans am floor shifter and cable, but after completing all that the biggest problem i encountered was the tremendous torque of the GM drive train was so much that it overpowered the 109 6-cyl brakes with duel master and servo (all new) but maybe now some one makes an up graded brake system which replaces the LR brakes and will stop this frieght train.....

I really think Matt Jackson/Advaced Adapter's adapter is worth looking into- you could use just about any transmission with it. Otherwise there are adapters out there for attaching a T18 or a NP435 to the Series T-case.

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    I really think Matt Jackson/Advaced Adapter's adapter is worth looking into- you could use just about any transmission with it. Otherwise there are adapters out there for attaching a T18 or a NP435 to the Series T-case.
    I'd second the recommendation to call Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by rovertek View Post
    ...but maybe now some one makes an up graded brake system which replaces the LR brakes and will stop this frieght train.....
    i'd love to have that kind of power then i'd have an excuse for my brakes not stopping my 88. have you looked at the 4 disc brake conversions for the series?
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Default chevy adapter

There's a guy on land Rover Exchange selling the adapter your looking for. He's also got the same ad on San Francisco craig's list
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by bish1865 View Post
    There's a guy on land Rover Exchange selling the adapter your looking for. He's also got the same ad on San Francisco craig's list
    Good Luck
    You have a link to that add, i didnt see it.
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

the guy has it mid way down:
    Advertisement to SELL; Product: PARTS; Price: 299; (Currency: US Dollars)
    GM ADAPTER BELLHOUSETO SERIES GEARBOX/ OTHER PARTS GOODIES F

1 gm v8/6cyc/v6 conversion bellhouse bolts directly to series 2/3 gearbox alum/i beleive it is a scotties pic ava 299/ r 380 transmissions 350ea 4 ava/coil conversion kit 4 springsall bolts brackets to replace air bags only 299/1 good 3.5 v8 rover 500/ 1 zf 3spd 450/230transfercases 250/cores 100/discovery 1 doors free call /new sunroof in box100/series differentals 350/disco 350/range 350/coilpack 99/abs block 75/abs computor 75/airbags99/dashclusters classic /disco 75ea/injection units wmeters75/range lower gate 75/fairly winch 999/pto 500/alum truck campershell 109/110/500/cleaning barn out..email w/needs thanks /walt707-546-2150 email for pics and shipping is ava on most items also have series 1/2/3/defender disco/range/parts and s1 who;e 80 fs/101fc fs

WALT FORD.
    http://www.landroverexchange.com/listings/

Land Rover UK Forums