Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Rovers waiting to be rescued - the hunt is on - post photos

Default Land Rovers waiting to be rescued - the hunt is on - post photos

VW Bus fanatics and their 'bus hunting' thread.....it's great. We need one for Rovers as a sticky, IMO

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...=asc&start=280
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Great idea for a thread.

Please post
    Details
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Half the postings would probably be for our own rides!

But I agree...great idea. I haven't seen any locally.
    1970 88 IIA

welp, here's one I was tempted to get....but I came to my senses. she's gone now...was sitting at the flashing fireworks place in Hooksett, NH for years before getting this for sale sign

'67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

the 1974's frame was getting punky all the door bottoms were rusted out and toe boxes were starting the right rear 1/4 was smashed in the brake hydraulics needed replecing the interior was beat and the engine was siezed i helped him put oil in the cylinders and got it turning, there was sheets of somthing underneath due to all the leaks,he said he would not take less than 5K for it, I offered him $1700 and never heard back.....

Default Pa. Route 11 SIIA 88

This SIIA was sitting along Pennsylvania Route 11 north of Scranton, between Nicholson and Hop Bottom. GPS 41/39.552 N; 75/47.053 W.

Bob

Here is an old 88" that I posted a while back in another thread. Located in Baton Rouge, LA. Frame had rusted in two. I have a good deal more photos of "lost" Rovers, but they're all in 35mm. I'll try to get some of them scanned up.

61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Here is a 62 109" Wagon located in Marion, Arkansas. The owner is a real nice guy, wanted me to rebuild it, but I told him the cost would be considerable. I asked if he would sell outright, but he declined.

61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

These are some of the "before" photos of my 109. The photos were taken about 10 years ago. It had been sitting for 11 years before I bought it.
    '62 109 - coil sprung
    '64 88 - coil sprung

An 88 that Jason (Bostonian) will recognize. Currently sitting in the best junkyard...ahem... "Auto Recycling Yard"...I've ever been in.

Unfortunately, the owner of the yard is under the impression that everything in the place is made of gold, so nothing ever sells; It just rots away, year after year after year, waiting for someone REALLY desperate.

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).