Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Rovers waiting to be rescued - the hunt is on - post photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Land Rovers waiting to be rescued - the hunt is on - post photos

VW Bus fanatics and their 'bus hunting' thread.....it's great. We need one for Rovers as a sticky, IMO

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...=asc&start=280
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Great idea for a thread.

Please post
    Details
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Half the postings would probably be for our own rides!

But I agree...great idea. I haven't seen any locally.
    1970 88 IIA

welp, here's one I was tempted to get....but I came to my senses. she's gone now...was sitting at the flashing fireworks place in Hooksett, NH for years before getting this for sale sign

'67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

the 1974's frame was getting punky all the door bottoms were rusted out and toe boxes were starting the right rear 1/4 was smashed in the brake hydraulics needed replecing the interior was beat and the engine was siezed i helped him put oil in the cylinders and got it turning, there was sheets of somthing underneath due to all the leaks,he said he would not take less than 5K for it, I offered him $1700 and never heard back.....

Default Pa. Route 11 SIIA 88

This SIIA was sitting along Pennsylvania Route 11 north of Scranton, between Nicholson and Hop Bottom. GPS 41/39.552 N; 75/47.053 W.

Bob

Default 4 Series IIs in New York

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/1599631859.html

We have 4 Land Rovers Series I-III? circa 1960s-1970s to sell, or to sell for parts. They are not in good condition. Will wait for best offer that includes hauling.

If you know what series these are we are curious to know more about them.

Last edited by TSR53; 02-14-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: link fixed

Haha, I had just got on to post the correct link. Man! Why can't we find stuff like this out here in Utah! You're killing me here!

"They are not in good condition." My eyes must not be very good - I see great canvases with which to paint.
    1960 88" SII Pliny the Elder
    1997 D-90
    "Fear profits man, nothing"

All with tropical roofs
    Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Because they all have the headlights in the center "breakfast" plate, they are either series II or early series IIAs. I believe the headlights were moved to the wings in 1967? So they are all 1960's era.

You would need to post more pictures of the engine bays, bulkheads, etc. for me to be able to give you more info than that.

How long have they been sitting there? How easy are they to gain access to, do they roll? These are all important questions to answer if you are looking to entertain any serious bids.