Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Rovers waiting to be rescued - the hunt is on - post photos

Default Junk Yard parts

Well. For any of you that travel on 101 through marlboro NH , you might remember an old Rover junk yard with about 30 wrecks out back. I guess the old geezer died and the new owner sold off the back 40. I have what was left. Some one took all the non rotted parts and put them on a new galvi chassis ... no new paint though. It sits presently in my barn, 4 colours but with a new radiator, 5 new 15 inch rims from gulf coast, new rubber all around, almost had rock sliders but they are buggered from factory...
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    Well. For any of you that travel on 101 through marlboro NH , you might remember an old Rover junk yard with about 30 wrecks out back. I guess the old geezer died and the new owner sold off the back 40. I have what was left. Some one took all the non rotted parts and put them on a new galvi chassis ... no new paint though. It sits presently in my barn, 4 colours but with a new radiator, 5 new 15 inch rims from gulf coast, new rubber all around, almost had rock sliders but they are buggered from factory...
    Kris

Just drove by Cheshire Foreign Auto last week. My son says he spotted a Rover there as were driving past. One of the members here bought a substantial amount of the stuff that was lying around out in back of CFA a few years back. Are you running the multi-color rover you describe above?
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Default Hodge podge

Yup. slowly sorting out the issues..... like, hmmm the 25 lugs nut bought for my series 3 , to go on my "series 3" are too large.... Hmmm lug bolts are kinda small...... what do you know? I have a series 2a set of axles... completely different lug bolt... Now attempting to decipher the tranny,,,, series 2/2a or full syncro series 3..
    The paint is more of a rattle can camo at the moment. I think a flat black will prevail. Also the new rims from gulf coast (15") are chrome... The american racing stuff they carry is back ordered in black. PLENTY of chrome at half off ...35 quid each who can say no?
    Just have to paint them before anybody sees it.
    Chrome on a series? I'd get laughed at. The poor girl is way to classy for bling.
    Chrome don't get you home..
    Kris

Flat black paint and chrome wheels. When the time comes, you've got to snap a picture of that before you cover over the chrome!
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

"Chrome don't get you home.."

amen brother...the God of war will smile on you for that and may also bless you with a throw-down AK 47.

I was able to rescue this old girl, 71'IIa SWB from the cluches of mother nature. Frame no longer exsists ,but some great spares ie. Overdrive, axles, body panels. I'm in the process now of swapping the diffs to my 63' SWB runner.
    Going today to check out a treasue trove of six ,yes I said six Landys, lying around waiting to be resued.I know he has 2 109'' and 4 88'' ,don't know the shape they're in or even how much he wants. Sounds like he just wants out. I'll keep you all posted .

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    I was able to rescue this old girl, 71'IIa SWB from the cluches of mother nature. Frame no longer exsists ,but some great spares ie. Overdrive, axles, body panels. I'm in the process now of swapping the diffs to my 63' SWB runner.
    Going today to check out a treasue trove of six ,yes I said six Landys, lying around waiting to be resued.I know he has 2 109'' and 4 88'' ,don't know the shape they're in or even how much he wants. Sounds like he just wants out. I'll keep you all posted .
    those other images look awesome - can you post links to them? I can't seem to click them
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Actually The whole rover repo made for some great shots but for the life of me I can't get them to open on this forum as well.
    I notice some post have great full size pics that come up and mine are just little thumbnails....?
    I also went and looked at a Rover Grave yard the other day forgot the camera,but I'm going back in a few days with one. There were 2 109'' IIa's and 4 88'' IIa's , they are all pretty spent ,but I'd like to have'em for part's.

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Actually The whole rover repo made for some great shots but for the life of me I can't get them to open on this forum as well.
    I notice some post have great full size pics that come up and mine are just little thumbnails....?
    I also went and looked at a Rover Grave yard the other day forgot the camera,but I'm going back in a few days with one. There were 2 109'' IIa's and 4 88'' IIa's , they are all pretty spent ,but I'd like to have'em for part's.

Mongoswede, that's cool, how'd you do it?