Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Rovers waiting to be rescued - the hunt is on - post photos

Any history on this collection?
    I wonder if a number of us Series owners on this board would be able to collectively rescue these trucks as a source of parts and possible restoration projects. Any thoughts?
    94 D-90 tdi
    72 Series III

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Yes ,you know them.
    On page 4 of this thread, a craigslist ad for these rovers was posted. A number of us responded to the ad, but never got a response. Do you know if the owner or if they are still for sale?
    '62 109 - coil sprung
    '64 88 - coil sprung

I know this guy, I went to school with him. He was into rovers many years ago and lost interest. I didn't know they were even still out in the bush.Made a connection a week or so ago about them. He is on vacation now but supposed to meet up this week. I'd like to get my hands on the 88's for part's as well .They are all pretty whooped. One of the 109's is in semi decent shape . The other is really rough.They are all mid to late IIa's.
    What do you think all 6 are worth? They are in a semi dfficult repo spot.
    I just picked up a 71' IIa SWB rusted to all be gone although a very straight body for $275.

If they are in as bad of a state as they look, getting them out whole and intact might get
    pricey. I wonder if it would make more sense to dismantle them in situ. Take everything worth taking and scrap the rest.
    94 D-90 tdi
    72 Series III

My "other" car is a 1962 Buick Special, with the original 13-inch rims. It is becoming damn near impossible to find tires (tyres?) that size for it ... along with brake cylinders ... and motor mounts ... and ...

My '67 88 had 16-inch rims. Looked SO much better, in my opinion, than 15-inchers. The 15s looked like they were originally spare donuts and the dealers just decided to keep them that way. Maybe there was some kind of deal with Firestone 721s or something

Default Any interest?

I know a couple of you have showed some interest in these .

http://picasaweb.google.com/stonefox...ingToBeRescued

He wants them to go as a whole lot. I would like to get the 4 88''s to put in my stable with my other rusted out steads . Is there anybody interested in the 109''s.The white one is parts only the blue one is a little more solid. He wants $ 2000.00 for the 2 109's (maybe $1750). I think that's a little steep for the shape they are in, but I could be wrong. He says he has spares as well as a snowplow and a PTO unit that goes with them. Let me know what y'all think.

I would love to have a Pto unit....

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    I know a couple of you have showed some interest in these .

http://picasaweb.google.com/stonefox...ingToBeRescued

He wants them to go as a whole lot. I would like to get the 4 88''s to put in my stable with my other rusted out steads . Is there anybody interested in the 109''s.The white one is parts only the blue one is a little more solid. He wants $ 2000.00 for the 2 109's (maybe $1750). I think that's a little steep for the shape they are in, but I could be wrong. He says he has spares as well as a snowplow and a PTO unit that goes with them. Let me know what y'all think.
    PM sent
    1971 SIIa 88" NAS Dauntles V6
    1974 SIII 109" RHD

^^ that's what my collection is going to look like in a few years if I don't start doing something about them
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

here is some pictures of a bugeye rover thats sitting behind a barn in starke FL he was gonna trade it to me for an old ford truck but it didnt work out, he wants 4 or 5 grand for it
    Last edited by Triumphdaytona2007; 02-06-2011 at 08:16 PM.