Thread: rebuilding calipers on a 1995 disco

Default rebuilding calipers on a 1995 disco

I know I can purchase the parts from rovers north regarding the rebuild parts for the brake calipers. My question is what tools do you need to rebuild the calipers and is it diffucult to do. I have manual but not enough info. Help Please! Thanks Patrick

Default Caliper ReBuild

The shop manual has a step by step on the repair as well as the "Genuine" tool cache required... I rebuilt a caliper for a '90 RRC without much trouble using a pair of channel locks and a "C" clamp. I found that it was a chore.

My '96 D1 required a rebuild and I opted to purchase RN's ProLine caliper. I understand that it is twice the money than the rebuild kit, but I completed the job in under 30 min. from soup to nuts and no headaches.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)