Page 111 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2287

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

I chased down a glitch in my reverse lights which still has me a bit stumped. I have a four light reverse rig- a PO had put on two fog lamps as additional reverse lights, mounted up high on the back of the safari roof panel. They've always been a bit balky and for some reason when I went to get it inspected last week (always a nail-biting endeavor) my two driver's side lights were out. I passed inspection and promised to look into it. I put in a new reverse light assembly on the left side and it still didn't work; in fact, wires seemed to be BURNING when I shifted into reverse. I fiddled and mused for a while and concluded that somehow I had attached the power and ground leads backwards - I don't know how that happened. I switched them and everything worked fine, including the regular lights and directional signals. A stumper about how they got attached that way in the first place.

A tip to all- when tightening the bolts that hold on the reverse lamp assembly, go easy because over tightening can crack the brand new lens in a most heartbreaking way. Those new fixtures do look awfully nice, though.

On the 61 hybrid, I had fabbed up a new rear tub lock-box... a little personalization as well (cool hand Luke - long story), with custom family cup holders, plus took out the rear bench seats and added jump seats.
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

Today I finished installing the new Roverdrive overdrive. What a sweet bit of kit. Took about three hours or so to fit and was a fairly simple job, although I cut the hole for the shift lever in the tunnel cover about a 1/4 inch off. Doesn't seem to be a problem though. I was really wondering how this puppy would work with the 2.5 NA diesel and after about 50 km of driving around the city and out on the highway I gotta say it is great. I find I pretty much just leave in in O/D as the truck pulls well from stopped right up to 100 kph and I only need to shift out of O/D on longer climbs on the highway.

One issue I am having though is the shift lever for the O/D when in the forward position, tries to occupy the same space as the main gear lever when shifting into 4th. I either need to put a bend into the O/D lever or see if I can tweak the mounting bracket a bit.

Brett
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Do you find that the roverdrive increases your top speed and helps maintain speed on hills (as a gear splitter)? I know it doesnt help the 2.25 gas top end, but curious about the 2.5NAD.

Jason

Default Breakin'

Started breakin' the ghost fleet today

Time to get the yard cleaned up .Its starting to look like Sanford and Son around here.
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post

Time to get the yard cleaned up .Its starting to look like Sanford and Son around here.
    Love it! All you need is Redd Fox stumbling around, and the Quincy Jones soundtrack in the background.

Default Series III exMOD 109

I continued my beating, sanding, and some more painting.

This is for next week.

Wiped the dust off here.

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post

what's the plan for that thing?

The ol' 88 with the 2.5 NA was really only comfortable up to about 80 kph before adding the Roverdrive so I pretty much stayed off the major highways. It would go faster but the engine would get awfully loud a I just couldn't thrash it like that. Now it easily cruises at 100 kph (about 62 American) but still falls off a bit on hills necessitating a shift out of O/D into 4th. Certainly feels like it would go a bit faster, but again, I'm not into winding the engine out like that. Third O/D seems to be a nice gear for climbing hills on country roads.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by albersj51 View Post
    Do you find that the roverdrive increases your top speed and helps maintain speed on hills (as a gear splitter)? I know it doesnt help the 2.25 gas top end, but curious about the 2.5NAD.

Jason
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Quote Originally Posted by TedW View Post
    Love it! All you need is Redd Fox stumbling around, and the Quincy Jones soundtrack in the background.
    "Hey Lamont ,why don't you run off and strip that Rover in the back ,and while your at it bring your Pops a beer"
    I know the young folk here wont be gettin this.
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com