Page 13 of 229 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

I thought I was going to have a quick fix of the not-working-quite-right Smiths oil pressure gauge, which registers only 10psi. My swap meet special Stewart Warner gauge reads 80psi at idle, so I'm figuring a matching sending unit is in my future. Oh well, so much a for 5 minute fix.

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

Quote Originally Posted by 4flattires View Post
    I thought I was going to have a quick fix of the not-working-quite-right Smiths oil pressure gauge, which registers only 10psi. My swap meet special Stewart Warner gauge reads 80psi at idle, so I'm figuring a matching sending unit is in my future. Oh well, so much a for 5 minute fix.

Jeff
    just take the average, 45 psi, that's pretty good
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Default Sound proofing

Completed sound proofing the seat box. Applied fire-retardant expanding foam underneath and a combination of limp mass vinyl and 1/4 closed cell foam on the interior surfaces. Also applied the fire-retardant foam to the interior of one wing. Cleaning up the other wing this week to foam it.

wipers never worked
    switch was bad
    through a 5.00 toggle in
    i have wipers now.
    aaron

Stripped down the salisbury to the spindles ,contuniing to prep for the swap into my 88

broke 2 of 3 exhaust studs off in the manifold, but i got one out! Also bead blasted my bump stops and mounts and they look brand new, i was pretty surprised considering how nasty they were
    1970 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1971 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1982 Mercedes 300TD
    1989 RRC
    1993 D110
    1994 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC SWB Brooklands Edition
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 Disco
    1996 GMC 2500 Suburban
    1996 Disco
    1997 Disco
    2001 RR P38
    2005 LR3 HSE
    2006 RR HSE

Had a great day with the rover!
    I fiddled with the timing to fix and idle and dieseling probelm - so far, so good
    I finished some electrical work, wired up my work lamp and rear defogger
    Somehow in the process of having the dash off I fixed the wipers, broke the ignition, posted here and got it all working again.
    Then I drove to the auto parts store and replaced the dead washer fluid pump

Now I'm going back out to finally clean out the junk in the back

Default Today....I.....

Quote Originally Posted by NickDawson View Post
    Somehow in the process of having the dash off I fixed the wipers....

Now I'm going back out to finally clean out the junk in the back
    Same here, but when my dash was off fixing the oil pressure gauge, I fixed the fuel gauge!

I'm gonna leave my junk in the back for the time being!!

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

Truck had started running roughly over the last couple of weeks. Occassional backfires etc. Changed fuel filter and messed with timing which helped a bit but didn't cure the problem. I've had distributor issues in the past so I broke down and bought a 45d last week to replace my tired 25d.

My bud scott came by yesterday to show off his repaired rear cross member and pintle mount and pick up his Sankey which I had. So we toss the new dizzy in, beer time it, and hit the road to go move some windows from his house to his brothers place.

Truck runs good to scott's place across town. We get the windows loaded in the Sankey on scott's 88. I'm following in my truck and we head for Terry's place. After a couple of blocks scott pulls over to check the tie downs on everything. While doing that my truck dies and won't restart. Change fuel filter, check gap on the points, try re-timing by ear, spray lots of carb cleaner thru the carb, and can't get my 88 to restart. Looking into the carb while turning the truck over I can see actual drops of gas in the carb, not a steady stream. So I think my old Rochester is the culprit now.

End up towing my 88 to Terry's and I'm going to call the local carb guru place to see about the Rochester. I did a rebuild kit a couple of years ago so it got new gaskets and stuff but not truly a "rebuild."

scott loaned me his 88 and offered me the use of his LR3 but honestly I've driven old iron for so long, my 88 is a '64 and my new truck is a '77, I'm intimidated by trucks that are smarter than me.....
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

After a week in Va. and driving a Prius down and back I'm happy to report that the Rover started like a champ and is running very well. I love a diesel engine!!! Next time I'm driving the Rover!
    Jim