Page 52 of 229 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Quote Originally Posted by jac04 View Post
    As part of my Lightweight rebuild, I installed a rebuilt transmission form RN. It leaked horribly before I even drove the vehicle. A Roverdrive aluminum x-fer case cover and new selector shaft seals took care of the worst of the leaks, but it still drips a little.

Now, it is a little embarrassing to have spent 1.5 years restoring the vehicle and have to put a piece of cardboard under it if I drive to someone's house just in case it decides to mark its territory. So, I designed, built & installed what I call a DMS (Drip Management System). It is a small aluminum tray mounted to the chassis under the main gearbox (the skid plate catches any drips off the x-fer case).

Here it is:

Very Nice - I think I'll have to R&D that myself Jac... (Rob and Duplicate)

mike
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

As part of my Lightweight rebuild, I installed a rebuilt transmission form RN. It leaked horribly before I even drove the vehicle. A Roverdrive aluminum x-fer case cover and new selector shaft seals took care of the worst of the leaks, but it still drips a little.

Now, it is a little embarrassing to have spent 1.5 years restoring the vehicle and have to put a piece of cardboard under it if I drive to someone's house just in case it decides to mark its territory. So, I designed, built & installed what I call a DMS (Drip Management System). It is a small aluminum tray mounted to the chassis under the main gearbox (the skid plate catches any drips off the x-fer case).

Here it is:

that is waaaay too clean to be a rover... I think its some sort of NASA rig.

Although ingenious, I for one don't like the DMS. How else would I know when my truck is out of oil if not for someones virgin driveway being blessed before I leave?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoiron View Post
    Very Nice - I think I'll have to R&D that myself Jac... (Rob and Duplicate)

mike
    aaahhhhhh the ChiCom way!
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Good idea, though I'd rather see that oil on someone's driveway rather than what's collected in that pan spraying all over the underside of your great vehicle when wind is hitting it at speed. Wait. That makes your rover self-lubricating or something. Double fancy!

Well, the beauty of the DMS is that it catches the drip and doesn't allow it to spray the rear suspension or get caught in the air stream and end up on the tailgate. Remember, we're only talking a few drips a week, and I'll occasionally wipe out the pan, so the DMS isn't going to fill up & overflow.

Well, the beauty of the DMS is that it catches the drip and doesn't allow it to spray the rear suspension or get caught in the air stream and end up on the tailgate. Remember, we're only talking a few drips a week, and I'll occasionally wipe out the pan, so the DMS isn't going to fill up & overflow.

I love how you're really pushing that acronym!

DMS®™

Default Installed a new headliner

Over the weekend, I completed installing a new headliner in our 109's roof. It is comprised of 1/4 inch closed cell foam and marine hull liner.

Attachment 3575

Attachment 3576

Attachment 3577

That looks real nice.. Does it shed fibers?

Quote Originally Posted by TJR View Post
    That looks real nice.. Does it shed fibers?
    +1. Curious to see how it stays up. I need to redo the headliners on my 109...and that looks like a good method.