Page 61 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

You are a braver man than I, when mine hit 54mph I had to back off.I was afraid it was going to turn into a DeLorean.

I'm only scared if I'm getting close to 88.

Are you guys running nitrous???

To be honest, the truck hasn't seen that kind of speed since the old 2.5 was taken out. That had the SU carb, flowed header and a twisted cam. It ran like a raped ape but unfortunately it was slowly eating it's self up.

The current 2.25 saw 85 once. That was down hill, with the wind behind me and physics out the window. This is the fastest documented speed I've been at in the last couple of months:

I probably would have a faster picture if I kept a camera with me all the time. These instances are rare, to be sure.

Oh! Here is 70 on video. If you look close at the speed when I pan past it, you will see. Don't worry, my eyes were on the road during this filming.

Are you sure your speedo doesn't read in Kms?

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Are you sure your speedo doesn't read in Kms?
    I am sure. And what will really get your goat is, I was running on 33" tires with an unadjusted speedometer. If I had the GPS going I would have been able to show the actual speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
    I am sure. And what will really get your goat is, I was running on 33" tires with an unadjusted speedometer. If I had the GPS going I would have been able to show the actual speed.
    My Goat has been Gotten!!!

Wimps. I drive 65 in mine all the time. She handles it just fine.

...of course I have to fill it up every 200 miles (highway) and probably more often when I'm tooling around the city.

I drive mine at 60mph on the highway. If I drive faster, some idiot is going to have to pass you anyway, regardless of speed.