Page 9 of 229 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

put in a new-to-me final drive gear and transmission back cover - finally got the rover back on the road after the OD failed.
    First thing I did after my test drive was to find a huge snow pile and see how high I could climb up it. Inner kid got the best of me.

Ordered a new starter for the '70. Drove the '69 to work. Oh, bought my hubby a nice '60's military saw bag online to use as a glove box in the '69.
    Kristi
    1969 Series IIa 109
    1970 Series Wagon
    1974 1/2 MGB
    2004 Disco II-last of her kind

Fixed a radiator leak on the way to Enchanted Rock. What a beautiful day in the hill country. My navigator, (daughter number one), a college student home from Vermont for a few days notes journeying in a series rover is an adventure.
    1982 SIII 109 RHD petrol project.

Started removing stuff from the left side of the bulkhead in preparation of cutting out the drivers side foot well.
    How come dumb stuff always seems so smart when your doing it?
    David Crockett

finished wrapping all the new wires under the truck.
    dont want to bolt in the seatbox and floors until i know
    they wont have to come back off in the next month.
    pulling a double back shift at the hospital tommarow to put twords my tire fund.
    cant wait till its done.
    aaron

Installed a 10si alternator.

Redid a few feet of wiring.

Took apart the dash and removed the windscreen to do some rust PM.

Gutted the FJ60 axles so i can cut off the old perches and weld on new ones, she is getting a transplant.

Next up is removal of the tub to get a 1/4 chassis welded in.
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Yesterday I topped up all of the oils in my 109 (again, did it last week but the trans oil is disappearing somewhere). I also removed the slightly bent 8 blade military fan and replaced it with a recent straight ebay purchase. Today I am just pushing the 2 feet of fresh snow with the old J**p plow truck. This snow doesn't want to plow, it is just packing up in front of the blade.....

Bob

Gunny, I want to see how your axle conversion works out.

Putting in new starter. I know I will be thoroughly confussed and will return here alot today. Have to remove mom's housecleaning rags from roo bar.
    Kristi
    1969 Series IIa 109
    1970 Series Wagon
    1974 1/2 MGB
    2004 Disco II-last of her kind

Didn't have to do anything but drive it and now I've cursed myself
    Jim

Bled the Clutch system again, seems like that is becoming an every five day thing. Cursed at the inadiquate heat for my 16 mile drive home. Went off roading on one of the local trails to see if she was up to digging her way through 13"of virgin snow. Failed me not. Drove home and discovered that my parking spot is a little steep so I'll have to adjust the parking brake this morning once it warms up above 10 deg. Try and figure out why clutch keeps gaining air in system.