Page 91 of 229 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoiron View Post
    For sure nice results that way... only problem is Photoshop costs... aren't they close to $1000 alone, then of course a decent digital SLR required on top...?

mike
    Yeah, I got a deal on Photoshop.

However, while it is more cumbersome and not quite as powerful, Gimp and Paint.net are both free, and I believe that Gimp can do this type of effect, if not the other as well.

Another option is to get Photoshop Elements. Not sure how powerful it is for doing layers, but it is less than $100.00 if all you want to do is edit photos.

Thanks for the complements.

By the way, today, I emptied the gas and coolant from the Rover.

today, i received my new exhaust manifold and put on some hi temp black powder coat, dont think it should exceed 1000 degrees. Went to NAPA for some Detroit diesel alpine green engine enamel and primer, and also finished painting the fame, one gas tank, and the axels. Then sat and stared at it all for a while with a sierra nevada stout, new favorite.
    Last edited by masonater; 03-30-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    1970 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1971 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1982 Mercedes 300TD
    1989 RRC
    1993 D110
    1994 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC SWB Brooklands Edition
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 Disco
    1996 GMC 2500 Suburban
    1996 Disco
    1997 Disco
    2001 RR P38
    2005 LR3 HSE
    2006 RR HSE

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoiron View Post
    For sure nice results that way... only problem is Photoshop costs... aren't they close to $1000 alone, then of course a decent digital SLR required on top...?

mike
    Photoshop elements should be able to do this, and is around 100 I think. You can also get an older version of photoshop, honestly there's not a lot of difference for average users between CS1 and the most recent version.

Got my engine built, 5 main, ready to start on trans next...

2006 LR3
    1967 109 Station Wagon
    M37B1
    M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by rosims View Post
    Got my engine built, 5 main, ready to start on trans next...
    Very nice, what color engine paint is that?
    1970 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1971 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1982 Mercedes 300TD
    1989 RRC
    1993 D110
    1994 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC SWB Brooklands Edition
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 Disco
    1996 GMC 2500 Suburban
    1996 Disco
    1997 Disco
    2001 RR P38
    2005 LR3 HSE
    2006 RR HSE

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
    <thread hijack>
    Beautiful camera work there! Don't tell me they are all from an Iphone 4, are they?
    </thread hijack>
    thought I'd post these two photos even though they are not rovers...when i get the rover done I'll do a similar one. Point being that I took them at midnight during a full moon last summer. The exposure was 60 seconds long on my Canon S6is. There is a program you can get for any canon point and shoot camera called CHDK (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK) that opens up all the not normally visible functions of the camera. Lets you write and run scripts too. So these were just some simple settings beyond the normal camera....the red streak in the back of the Saab was a passing car...and the interior of the car was lit with the interior light...I put a 10 second timer on the shutter...ran out, opened and closed a door to trip the timed interior light, and ran out of the shot before the shutter opened:

Yours truly standing very still for 1 minute:

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    thought I'd post these two photos even though they are not rovers...when i get the rover done I'll do a similar one. Point being that I took them at midnight during a full moon last summer. The exposure was 60 seconds long on my Canon S6is. There is a program you can get for any canon point and shoot camera called CHDK (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK) that opens up all the not normally visible functions of the camera. Lets you write and run scripts too. So these were just some simple settings beyond the normal camera....the red streak in the back of the Saab was a passing car...and the interior of the car was lit with the interior light...I put a 10 second timer on the shutter...ran out, opened and closed a door to trip the timed interior light, and ran out of the shot before the shutter opened:

Yours truly standing very still for 1 minute:

pretty neat... wish I had more time to mess with Camera's. I have an old Nikon Nikkormat SLR 1969 that takes great 35mm shots, and the newer digital SLR Sony alpha-200 that I barely know the capabilities of... Plan is to pick up some tips and carve time during my next vacation to better learn... love that layering technique also.
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

Default Engine Paint Color

Quote Originally Posted by masonater View Post
    Very nice, what color engine paint is that?
    I used Detroit diesel green. A pretty close match to original color.
    Robert

2006 LR3
    1967 109 Station Wagon
    M37B1
    M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by rbbailey View Post
    By hand. The camera won't see anything that isn't light, so as you move the phone around, you only have to keep it moving, even, and turned away from the camera.
    interesting, and you keep the hand held phone behind the lens? otherwise you would be in the shot right?

i'm wondering if i can do this with my Nikon D40x?

Quote Originally Posted by RoverForm View Post
    interesting, and you keep the hand held phone behind the lens? otherwise you would be in the shot right?

i'm wondering if i can do this with my Nikon D40x?

"painting" with light in a photo is possible with any camera that you can program or manually hold the shutter open for long enough time to complete the effect.