Thread: Roof Racks

From Vermont, right now I am still traveling from west to east and back every year

Default Roof Racks

I am currently looking for a good quality, tough roof rack for the 1990 RR I just baught. I am looking at brownchurch. Anyone have any ideas about or any expereance with buying/using racks, Thanks Dan

I have a Safety Devices Roof rack that is for a defender 90 but have had it mounted to my 1990 county using yakima cross bars and gutter mounts and it has worked great. If you are interested in it let me know it has been sitting in storage for the past year or more. I am JSalyers son, so he can speak for me when I say it is a great rack and in great shape. Hopefully he will chime in on this thread and maybe throw in on a going price? Let me know if you are interested.

Default rack

RJ,
    I sent Dan the info on the accessories forum, send Dan a photo of it on your truck.
    Dan,
    This rack is the real deal, very light, new replacement cost would be a couple of grand from a dealer(if even available anymore). Fits the roof of the RR classic very well, not too short not too long. Yakima mounts worked well with rack. I also put in some 3" X 3" mesh for a floor(you can stand on it with no sag or flex). I had four Hella 500's mounted on front of rack with Yakima accessory mounts.
    Jack

durability i would vote for the brown church..ain't real fancy but does the job ,just like a good rover..check our hosts..
    www.singingcamel.com