Thread: Interiot lights will not turn on with open door.

Default Interiot lights will not turn on with open door.

I have a 2002 model discovery II. The dome lights will not turn on when the doors are opened. The switch on the front dome light is in the correct position. I have checked that the alarm will sound with any of the doors adjar/open, I think indicating the door switches are operating correctly.
    I have been unable to locate a wiring circuit diagram to help me with diagnosing my problem. I stopped by a local dealer for some tips, but they were not very helpful.
    Has anyone had a problem like this one? Does anyone have some helpful information?
    I would appreaciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

The usuals are fuses and bulbs. There also may be a problem with whatever switch tells the lights to come on when the door(s) are opened.

That's all I've got.
    Stu

'01 D2

Check for power at the dome light with a test light.

There are two issues. First, if the doors have been open for 15 mins or so, and the lights have been on, they will stay off until the Disco is started and the timer is reset. Second, if that is not so, and the fuse is operational, check the bulbs themselves. An eight year old bulb is prone to failure, and if none have been replaced, it is possible for all three to fail at the same time. If there was a short, more electrical items would be affected.
    You also may consider the possibility that the light assemblies themselves may have to be replaced, and I think that would cost about $40 or so, plus the bulbs.