Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Show us your 90, 110, & 130

Very nice truck! Glad you finally got your dream vehicle! I've gotten one of mine, waiting on the other.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Thanks - I am more than excited. Hope your other comes in soon.

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
    Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

2012 Project:84 110 Van, 2.25P, RHD. Converted into 2 person expedition camper. 12V/110V power, 3 gal air compressor (stores inside), removable winch mounts front and rear, with alligator cables so other vehicles can use, stores inside. Large storage box at bulkhead divider, doubles as table. Dual battery system. Two coleman cots fit nicely inside. LED lighting inside and with rear work/backup lamp. Four Mantec roof bars, swing-away tire/jack holder. When I got it, it was handpainted dark green, roof too. Wheels were white. Paid 2300 GBP, put $16K in it, sold it for $16K Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012b.JPG 
Views:	556 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	8097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012c.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	8098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012a.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	8099

Nate B
    88 D90 RHD, V8 Present
    84 Defender 110 3 Door RHD Petrol in 2012
    80 Merc 230GE Petrol in 2011
    78 SIII 109" RHD Petrol in 2011
    82 SIII 88" RHD Petrol in 2010
    82 SIII 88" RHD Diesel in 2009
    92 Range Rover - In the 90's
    cuis2000@yahoo.com

2013 Project - 88 D90, 3.5L V8. Usually I import poor condition and fix up in the US. This time I had it fixed up in the UK. This one is pretty much complete. Hopefully I can add an AC. I doubt I will turn into expedition type since those are more suited for 110's but the longer I have it, the more I will do to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	8100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	8101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	8102

Nate B
    88 D90 RHD, V8 Present
    cuis2000@yahoo.com

The RED D90 on page 5 - Very NICE work ! There is a Toyota Land Cruiser place in ATL which sells 200 and 300 tdi's if you ever want to convert it but if the 2.5 is fast enough, keep it original.

Nate B
    88 D90 RHD, V8 Present
    cuis2000@yahoo.com

Thanks for the compliment. She is on the boat and about two weeks away as long as CBP does not want to sit and stare at her for a while. I am going to see how the 2.5 TD works, not concerned about city driving, more concerned about Hwy. Not wanting to set the land speed record or anything just want to travel up to 80 MPH without worry.

I would like some advice - would it make sense ordering and changing the gear set to a 1.667 (like what I see that Ashcroft Transmissions sells)? Would that not provide some benefit for the higher gears and make it a bit better at the higher sustained speeds.

Also a friend of mine from High School owns his own Turbocharger Performance Shop - called Forced Performance (located here in Dallas). He has suggested letting him work over my Garrett T2 Turbocharger and "open it up" a bit to allow for more air to get to the engine which would provide more HP. I am having lunch with him next week but my concern over that is would it cause issues with the other parts of my old lady's engine?

If I was going to do an engine swap (big if) I would probably look at the 300tdi or may look at one of the other alternatives - Cummings BT4 or even the International 2.8L. Not sure but I have time to think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bsjbrown View Post
    .... Not wanting to set the land speed record or anything just want to travel up to 80 MPH without worry.

I would like some advice - would it make sense ordering and changing the gear set to a 1.667 (like what I see that Ashcroft Transmissions sells)? Would that not provide some benefit for the higher gears and make it a bit better at the higher sustained speeds.

I have a 2.5NA with 1.4 gears. at 100km/h it is absolutely screaming! dont go with 1.667 unless you are putting huge tires.
    67 angry hamsters

If I remember right, that turbo is pushing the engine to the max already. I have the feeling the bottom end lets go (broken crank?) if you try to push it to hard. 2.5 diesel is a great engine, I wish I had one! But you may want to keep it stock. Hope someone chimes in and corrects me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDover View Post
    I have a 2.5NA with 1.4 gears. at 100km/h it is absolutely screaming! dont go with 1.667 unless you are putting huge tires.
    Tires are rather oversized - See red D-90 in pictures below. Not huge but not stock. Again I am not jumping into this at all - going to wait and enjoy her for what she is. TBH - I am probably not going to do a thing as I will probably find contentment and joy the way she is. However it is fun to talk about for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ArlowCT View Post
    If I remember right, that turbo is pushing the engine to the max already. I have the feeling the bottom end lets go (broken crank?) if you try to push it to hard. 2.5 diesel is a great engine, I wish I had one! But you may want to keep it stock. Hope someone chimes in and corrects me if I'm wrong.
    That is my concern as well. I am having lunch with him on Tuesday and going to really ask him what he does. His shop is well known for their work - http://www.forcedperformance.com so obviously the last possible thing I want to do is lose the crank.